Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CNN tries to bash Trump and fail miserably [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
your history is a product of your politics and biases.

This quote, coming from one of the most consistently and ardently politically liberal voices in the LR addressed towards one of the least political but most decidedly moderate or middle of the road posters, is truly comical.

nevertheless, the weight of the evidence is clear. the civil war is the product of southern states seceding only to protect their "right" to own slaves, and for that "right" of ownership to be recognized and protected everywhere this specific "property" of theirs might physically be in the united states.

i linked to When the South Wasn't a Fan of States Rights,"an article you apparently didn't read by eric foner, winner of the pulitzer prize for history. i linked to 5 myths why the south seceded, an article you also didn't seem to read by James W. Loewen, historian and sociologist, educator, winner of the american book award.

i linked to What many Americans get wrong about states rights. another article i don't guess you read, published in the federalist(!) written by people who work at the cato institute, that bastion of coastal liberal elitism.

i gave you another article to read that listed the operative clauses in each southern state's secession documents. primary sources. what you fail to recognize or acknowledge is that each state liberally, exclusively, only, references slavery in these documents. yes, they're mad at the federal government. but not because the federal government is allowing each state the freedom to make its own laws, rather because the federal government isn't enforcing the fugitive slave act; nor the right of southerners to travel north with their slaves and know they can return with their slaves. in other words, they were angry that federal laws weren't being imposed on northern states. link to that article. read the primary documents from each seceding state. it's right there.

calling me names isn't going to change history.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Aug 18, 17 20:35
Quote Reply
Re: CNN tries to bash Trump and fail miserably [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

This quote, coming from one of the most consistently and ardently politically liberal voices in the LR addressed towards one of the least political but most decidedly moderate or middle of the road posters, is truly comical.

He's not liberal. He's mostly conservative. He told me so. He's almost super conservative.

He also says Jerry Brown is a conservative, so there's that.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: CNN tries to bash Trump and fail miserably [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Slowman wrote:
then you know every serious scholar virtually without exception dismisses the lie that the civil war was about anything other than slavery, protecting slavery, and protecting slaveowners rights to their slaves even when outside of slave states.

"The fact that slavery is the sole undeniable cause of this infamous rebellion, that it is a war of, by, and for Slavery, is as plain as the noon-day sun" - Union soldier - (source)

Can't we just take the states' word for it? Read the declarations of secession. Start with the first, South Carolina. They didn't beat around the bush. It was slavery. No equivocation. Baffles me that some can't figure that out.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/...tury/csa_scarsec.asp

In the present case, that fact is established with certainty. We assert that fourteen of the States have deliberately refused, for years past, to fulfill their constitutional obligations, and we refer to their own Statutes for the proof.

The Constitution of the United States, in its fourth Article, provides as follows: "No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up, on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due."

Edited because spell check is dumb

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Aug 18, 17 22:26
Quote Reply
Re: CNN tries to bash Trump and fail miserably [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

He's not liberal. He's mostly conservative. He told me so. He's almost super conservative.

He also says Jerry Brown is a conservative, so there's that.

He identifies as a conservative. Who are you to say that he really isn't one?
Quote Reply
Re: CNN tries to bash Trump and fail miserably [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So brave.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
He's not liberal. He's mostly conservative. He told me so. He's almost super conservative. He also says Jerry Brown is a conservative, so there's that.

what you decide i believe is up to you. it doesn't matter what i say about my own politics, you make up your own reality regardless. for some reason i get the picture of this guy in my head when you get all revved up and start talking frantic nonsense like you do:

i'm sure you're nothing like this but i just can't get this picture out of my head whenever you post.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
So brave.

Since he identifies as a conservative does that mean he still gets to pee standing up?
Quote Reply
Re: CNN tries to bash Trump and fail miserably [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll have to forgive me, I don't who or what that is.

I suppose if I put a beaver carcass on my head and some goofy glasses I may resemble that guy very slightly.

I'll tell you what. I'm feeling nice today so I'm going to help you by posting and actual picture of me so when I get revved up and start talking nonsense you can have a more accurate representation.

Mrs. Duffy (and our girlfriend) is also in the shot, so that's a bonus!

Here you go. No joke...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
You'll have to forgive me, I don't who or what that is.

I suppose if I put a beaver carcass on my head and some goofy glasses I may resemble that guy very slightly.

I'll tell you what. I'm feeling nice today so I'm going to help you by posting and actual picture of me so when I get revved up and start talking nonsense you can have a more accurate representation.

Mrs. Duffy (and our girlfriend) is also in the shot, so that's a bonus!

Here you go. No joke...

Lucky man! It's the toadie from Road Warrior (sequel to the original mad max). But I like the actual you better. With the women's ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: CNN tries to bash Trump and fail miserably [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know how to have a good time... :)

Yes that's a grappling hook.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Aug 18, 17 22:29
Quote Reply

Prev Next