Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville...
Quote | Reply
Just exactly how stupid is this guy? Apparently the previous vehicle attacks in Europe don't count.

Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife saw him once on Jeopardy, and his bulb dimmed low. It is too generous to call him stupid. He more closely resembles an idiot.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meh. Bit of a stretch. The correspondent mentions that in a short period of time there was the same method of attack (using a vehicle) and Wolf reluctantly kept the thought going.

CNN has become a more absurd version of FOX during the Obama years, but this one for me is a bit of a non issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so you didn't watch the whole video. Okay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watched the whole thing

He went along with the correspondent's thought and expanded on it. I wouldn't say his main point was to say there was a link.

Like I said, I'm neither defending him or CNN, as they have both become absurd since Trump was elected.

I'm just not finding this particular clip as dumb as you're making out.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The very mention of Charlottesville is bullshit. No one in Europe knows where the US is, let alone even heard of Charlottesville. It's mention is national narcissism, not everything that happens in the world is about America.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Franco was a fascist therefore all Spaniards are fascists therefore the terrorists were justified. How do you all not see this?
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
by extension, all Americans are neo-fascists including Wolf Dipster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
No one in Europe knows where the US is.
Say what?

Quote | Reply
You're right Europeans are smarter than Americans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All these guys just babble when they are done reporting the facts. Babble, babble, babble. Does anyone remember any of them ever saying anything of import? something that changed the course of your actions? Most "news" is a waste of time.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
The very mention of Charlottesville is bullshit. No one in Europe knows where the US is, let alone even heard of Charlottesville. It's mention is national narcissism, not everything that happens in the world is about America.

Pretty much this. Although I assume the comment about Europeans not knowing where the us is to be in pink.

To to these two events together is pure lunacy.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't watch/read all of Wolf's comments, but that linking the Barcelona attacks to Charlottesville doesn't compute for me.

However, europeans closely follow events in the US. I live in Switzerland and the 20min.ch newspaper is the free paper that's at all the train station platforms. They even carried a story about the statues coming down in Baltimore & Durham a couple of days ago:

http://www.20min.ch/.../news/story/17715160

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes the European comment is very much pink. The rest not so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess he forgot about the car attacks in London, Germany and France

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember when CNN had a weather person and actually reported the news?
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Guess he forgot about the car attacks in London, Germany and France

Clearly all inspired by the Charlottesville car attack.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
Remember when CNN had a weather person and actually reported the news?

Yes in the 90s.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
My wife saw him once on Jeopardy, and his bulb dimmed low. It is too generous to call him stupid. He more closely resembles an idiot.

Wife and I are both huge Jeopardy fans. We were both shocked at how poorly he did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to remember that CNN only broadcasts what it's audience wants to see/hear. Feeding the frenzied.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Wife and I are both huge Jeopardy fans. We were both shocked at how poorly he did.

This is interesting to me. Why would you be shocked? You realize that these men and women on the tv screen are just reading what is written for them.

It isn't a requirement for the job that they actually know anything.

There is absolutely zero educational requirements to be a face on tv.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

This is interesting to me. Why would you be shocked? You realize that these men and women on the tv screen are just reading what is written for them.

I get the pretty face reading the news thing, but some of them are serious journalists. I assume Wolf isn't one of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Blitzer theorizes that Barcelona Attack is Inspired by Charlottesville... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

I get the pretty face reading the news thing, but some of them are serious journalists. I assume Wolf isn't one of them.

Wait. So Wolf is one of the pretty faces?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
I'm just not finding this particular clip as dumb as you're making out.

Cease your calm objectivity immediately. Your penchant for seeing and pointing out moderation in contemporary politics is antithetical to what the masses are trying to achieve. You must throw caution to the wind and either RESIST! or MAGA immediately. You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. You're either with them or against them. Which side are you on?

War is god
Quote Reply