Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores
Quote | Reply
Barcelona attack live: At least 13 dead and 50 injured after van hits crowd in act of terror | The Independent

So far, 13 dead and 50 injured after a van drives into a crowd of people in central Las Ramblas.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. That's horrible. The scary thing about that is las ramblas is essentially a long, dead straight, pedestrian only, road way. There are small alley ways off to the sides, but I'm thinking, this time of year, it would be packed like a sardine tin with tourists and nearly impossible to escape from if a vehicle was headed your way.

Fucking terrorists.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Wow. That's horrible. The scary thing about that is las ramblas is essentially a long, dead straight, pedestrian only, road way. There are small alley ways off to the sides, but I'm thinking, this time of year, it would be packed like a sardine tin with tourists and nearly impossible to escape from if a vehicle was headed your way.

Fucking terrorists.

The geographical layout of Las Ramblas is probably why the thoroughfare was selected by the terrorists. It was one long abattoir and killing field for them.

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Our Dogwhistler-in-Chief has the solution!

https://twitter.com/...s/898254409511129088

Oops!

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

Just an FYI, Afghan warlords had a slightly different solution for Taliban terrorists. It didn't involve adding skin...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barcelona is a great city. Las Ramblas is a lot of fun.

Our daughter is moving to Madrid in 11 days (the day after the last episode of Game of Thrones season 7) she previously lived south a Barcelona in Tarragona and has been up and down Las Ramblas many time, fortunately none of her Catalan friends were there.

I think the reason she loves Spain and Barcelona so much is that the night before and the early morning the day she was born, the TV in my wife's room played and replayed the closing ceremonies to the 1992 Summer Olympics.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just in Barcelona last month w/ my family. I recognize the shops in the pictures. We were up and down that street more than a few times. The terrorists may kill me someday, but they won't terrorize me. If my time comes then it comes. Meanwhile, I'm doing what I want, and I don' worry.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
I was just in Barcelona last month w/ my family. I recognize the shops in the pictures. We were up and down that street more than a few times. The terrorists may kill me someday, but they won't terrorize me. If my time comes then it comes. Meanwhile, I'm doing what I want, and I don' worry.

Exactly. We have been on Las Ramblas, we stayed blocks away from the London car crash and ate a couple meals in the area. Three days after the Brussels airport bombing my daughters friend traveled through there on way to meeting her in Italy. The kid was also at the marketplace in Germany.

We are not going to stop traveling, Christmas will be spent in Paris, New Years in London. Rock n Roll Madrid in April and hopefully I can convince Mrs. Billabong that I need to do IM Barcelona next October.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm honestly shocked it took the terrorists this long to attack people like this. Building a bomb getting it on a plane is incredibly difficult. Driving a truck through people is super easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Oops!http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp[/quote[/url]]

One post before a terror attack on the other side of the world is somehow on Trump. This must be some sort of record, no?

I remember the good ole days when the everyone would just change their FaceBook page to say #WeAreSpain or #WeStandWithSpain. They were much simpler times.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
I'm honestly shocked it took the terrorists this long to attack people like this. Building a bomb getting it on a plane is incredibly difficult. Driving a truck through people is super easy.

I work in aviation security, so I see some of the intel on it. They're in love with the idea of bringing down U.S.-flagged airliners, hopefully stuffed with lots of Americans. They're not stopping on that front.

But they're also looking to branch out. This 'van intifada' thing that's been going on in Europe the last couple years is one way in which they're doing that. They're also encouraging followers and sympathizers to explore ways to derail passenger trains as well as trains transporting toxic materials such as chlorine and other chemicals.

Crazy world we live in, that's for sure.

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Oops!http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp[/quote[/url]]

One post before a terror attack on the other side of the world is somehow on Trump. This must be some sort of record, no?

I remember the good ole days when the everyone would just change their FaceBook page to say #WeAreSpain or #WeStandWithSpain. They were much simpler times.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Barcelona is a great city. Las Ramblas is a lot of fun.

Our daughter is moving to Madrid in 11 days (the day after the last episode of Game of Thrones season 7) she previously lived south a Barcelona in Tarragona and has been up and down Las Ramblas many time, fortunately none of her Catalan friends were there.

I think the reason she loves Spain and Barcelona so much is that the night before and the early morning the day she was born, the TV in my wife's room played and replayed the closing ceremonies to the 1992 Summer Olympics.

She lived in Tarragona as well as Cambrils. She worked at a school in Tarragona teaching English. She has been in contact with her former students and co-workers they are safe but scared.

http://expeditionerika.com/testimo-catalunya/

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Meanwhile in Finland:

http://www.express.co.uk/...tabbing-knife-police

#1. WTH has Finland ever done to anyone?

#2. Stab intifada, maybe?

Last edited by: big kahuna: Aug 18, 17 9:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update:

Policewoman kills FOUR jihadis in Barcelona | Daily Mail Online

"A hero policewoman surrounded by drugged-up jihadis wearing 'Coke can' suicide vests killed four out of five of them herself and saved an injured colleague, it was revealed today.

The terrorists carrying knives and an axe bailed out of their overturned Audi A3 used to plough into crowds on the seafront in Cambrils on the Costa Dorada at 1am today, killing a woman, 61, from Zaragoza, and injuring six others.

Two police officers were on a routine foot patrol when one was hit by the car and within seconds her partner pulled out a handgun and killed four of them as they charged her.

The fifth terrorist ran into a park and was gunned down minutes later by a policeman - but clambered to his feet with a smile on his face and ran at armed officers who eventually needed 15 bullets to kill him."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again we're seeing that easy access to motor vehicles results in senseless violence. What we need are common sense vehicle laws.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Meanwhile in Finland:

I hate using the "M" word, but those damn Mormons again no doubt.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Meanwhile in Finland:

I hate using the "M" word, but those damn Mormons again no doubt.

I always assume it's the Lutherans. Those damn Missouri Synod folks, especially. They're some mean mothers...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just read about the cop who went 1 on 5 with them and killed 4. He was a former member of their Legion. My over under on shots fired is 8
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
I just read about the cop who went 1 on 5 with them and killed 4. He was a former member of their Legion. My over under on shots fired is 8

Yeah, that was some impressive gunwork, right there. I'm with you on the number of shots fired, too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would have qualified for Forge's Happy Gun Story.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World: Barcelona Terror Attack Kills 13, Injures Scores [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
That would have qualified for Forge's Happy Gun Story.

Ah, yes. The legendary Forge 'Feel-Good Story of the Day.' ;-)

Quote Reply