Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vector 2s Troubleshooting
Quote | Reply
I bought a set of Vectors from someone who was switching back to Stages. Installed them but was lax about actually using them. Finally got around to installing and trying to pair with either 920Xt or my edge 800. Not pairing and the flashing lights indicate that pedals are not installed (2 flashes every 10 seconds). new batteries, updated software..nothing works.
have been on the phone with Garmin support no dice.
Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this issue or what could possibly be wrong?
Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 2s Troubleshooting [dbrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you spinning the crank to activate the battery? Also when paired will need to spin 80rpm + to config. You can also enter the manual info for the device ID in your watch
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 2s Troubleshooting [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the feedback , yes I am spinning the pedals to "wake Up" the system. I did enter the serial number manually but no dice...no device found. I am at a loss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dual sided right ?

I'd use a PC to make sure they both have the latest firmware, I know you said updated software but that is not specific enough. Update the firmware on both the pedals and bike computers.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 2s Troubleshooting [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No single sided so only left pedal. Not sure how to update software on the pedal itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's been awhile.. but there is software from Garmin..probably get it on their site and then you need the USB dongle. The PC will load the latest firmware on the pedal and do checking.

Then you can try to see if the cycling computer can see it.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5713
Last edited by: spntrxi: Aug 17, 17 11:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you again. I watched a video and realize that I only need to bring the pedals close to the computer to update. I was thinking I was missing a USB port on the pedals. Sorry I am a technophobe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah .. you need to be pretty close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Updated watch and Edge but bike was downstairs so way too far away. thanks again
Quote Reply