Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do you remember what song was playing when you finished IM Kona?
Quote | Reply
Whip it - Devo
Quote Reply
Re: Do you remember what song was playing when you finished IM Kona? [Cento] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it "Best Backdoor Brag" by Cento? Just kidding...

Not Kona but IMMD, I went into the water to "Safe and Sound" and crossed the finish to Starry-Eyed Surprise.. Gotta say having "Safe and Sound" running through your head during the swim is a pretty calming thing!
Quote Reply
Re: Do you remember what song was playing when you finished IM Kona? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry didn't mean to boast. Should have not included Kona. It's been a long time but I still remember that damn song.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you remember what song was playing when you finished IM Kona? [Cento] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cento wrote:
Sorry didn't mean to boast. Should have not included Kona. It's been a long time but I still remember that damn song.

Just busting balls...

Much respect on Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cento wrote:
Whip it - Devo

Nope...there was no music at the finish line the time I completed the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever NBC played over the end credits

That's the closest I've ever gotten / I'll ever get to finishing IM Kona

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMUK startline is Thunderstruck by AC/DC :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't remember what was playing all the years I finished Kona, but I distinctly remember the song that was playing the first time I ran a sub-4-minute mile: Chariots of Fire theme song.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
11 hr full finisher. I'm not going to Kona.....

I can tell you a song story however. At Rocketman (tri taking place inside Kennedy Space Center) the theme from the movie The Right Stuff started playing just as my wave started. That was perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was so excited to head down the finish line and listen to the cheering people I didn't even know there was music, but I did hear Mike call my name...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah it was the tune on the alarm clock i set on my phone when i woke up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No not at all. Was simply happy to be done with the damn thing that day and beat the setting sun.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cento wrote:
Whip it - Devo

When I am out there on the open road, late at night, stars glistening in the late night sky, giving myself the business, I like to think about Mike Reilly turning to the DJ as I run down Ali Drive and saying hit it, and "pour some sugar on me" by Def Leepard starts playing.....one day
Last edited by: mdgreene: Aug 17, 17 11:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I crossed the finish line and will never forget the sound of the drums.... :) I think that song was called, "just in time".
Quote Reply
Re: Do you remember what song was playing when you finished IM Kona? [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdgreene wrote:
Cento wrote:
Whip it - Devo

When I am out there on the open road, late at night, stars glistening in the late night sky, giving myself the business, I like to think about Mike Reilly turning to the DJ as I run down Ali Drive and saying hit it, and "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard starts playing.....one day

I always imagined coming in to a certain AC/DC song with the words altered to say "It's a long day on the rock, if you ever get to Kona"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Aug 18, 17 7:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, IM Kona WAS my first IM!

However, it was so long ago - 1989, I have no idea what music was playing. No idea of who the announcer was either - this was pre-Mike Reilly. It may have been Mike Plante. I'll have to ask Mike when I see him at Interbike in September.

I do know that ounce across the finish line - my first thoughts were - I can stop now. For 9 hours I had kept moving, and willing myself along the course - swim/bike and finally run, but now across the finish line I could just stop all motion and activity.

I remember getting to the recovery area past the finish line, beside the King Kam, and someone handing me a cold coke. I remember the coldness of it in my hands - it was the best tasting drink I had ever had!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Do you remember what song was playing when you finished IM Kona? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have not done a full but I remember the music when I finished my first tri (sprint)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I don't remember what song was playing any of the times I finished Kona.
This is an uninteresting post but as always I'll take any excuse to post on ST that I've raced Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you remember what song was playing when you finished IM Kona? [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah Biff what a character. Always trying to get away with something.
Quote Reply