Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marines and Sailors Talking Shop
Quote | Reply
When will the news outlets realize it is never a good idea to record Marines and Sailors talking shop, especially when deployed?

http://www.nbcnews.com/...-speech-navy-n792996

If that term upsets the American public they would have gone into a seizure listening to some of the discussions we had back in the day.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Marines and Sailors Talking Shop [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While not appropriate, not surprising from Mattis.

“When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy”

"The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling."

"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Marines and Sailors Talking Shop [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
While not appropriate, not surprising from Mattis.

“When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy”

"The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling."

"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Marines and Sailors Talking Shop [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I approve. Note "Chaos" not "Mad Dog"

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a world of difference between a senior career soldier using some rough language when speaking to other soldiers and a senior career politician speaking to the public.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
When will the news outlets realize it is never a good idea to record Marines and Sailors talking shop, especially when deployed?

http://www.nbcnews.com/...-speech-navy-n792996

If that term upsets the American public they would have gone into a seizure listening to some of the discussions we had back in the day.

I've been "Green Side" and I've been "Blue Side," both enlisted and officer. That's fairly standard talk among officers and men of the naval service (i.e. Navy and Marine Corps, who are both the "naval service") and I'm glad to hear SECDEF Mattis speaking plainly about it.

The Navy and Marine Corps combat team is at the tip of a very sharp, very pointy spear. Mattis was among his brethren within the brotherhood of war. Because he's a warrior and so are they.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a time and place for such bravado. Coming from Gen. Mattis to his intended audience, perfect time and place. But I can see where those who chose not to, or could not serve take that comment in a back-handed way.

Who knows, maybe the comment was a jab at the current Commander in Chief? Would anyone take it as disparaging remark then?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Marines and Sailors Talking Shop [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
There is a time and place for such bravado. Coming from Gen. Mattis to his intended audience, perfect time and place. But I can see where those who chose not to, or could not serve take that comment in a back-handed way.

Who knows, maybe the comment was a jab at the current Commander in Chief? Would anyone take it as disparaging remark then?

I chose not to serve and cannot figure out how anyone could take offense to his comments. Frankly, I'd be offended if he toned down his rhetoric to this group. It's not like he was talking to the Boy Scouts.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I know what he means.
Quote Reply