Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano Synchro set up issue?
Quote | Reply
i've got a Di2 9150 system on a tri bike i'm setting up. it's all 1-button shifting, on the pursuits, and on the extensions. i believe this means i'm automatically locked into the use of synchro, which is fine. and, btw, i did check and, yes, i do have the correct conforming battery.

i do have e-tube project downloaded on the laptop and i'm wired to the laptop from the front junction (i do not have the bluetooth unit inline, but i don't think i need it for the set up).

my problem: i can shift from the smallest gear (inside cog) to the 3rd (i think) from the outside cog, i.e., to the point where you would expect synchro to tell the system to shift the FD. but the FD doesn't shift.

i know the FD is functional because the FD is trimming as i move up and down the cogset.

i'm sure there's a very easy to understand mistake in set up that i'm making. what is it?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Synchro set up issue? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you've gone in to e-tube project and defined all the gear ratios?

I have not done this yet, but have watched all the S-TEC videos and stayed in a Holiday Inn before, so I'm a certified frickin' expert or something.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Synchro set up issue? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
I assume you've gone in to e-tube project and defined all the gear ratios?

I have not done this yet, but have watched all the S-TEC videos and stayed in a Holiday Inn before, so I'm a certified frickin' expert or something.

you don't know shit, travis, just by staying at a holiday in. now, if you'd stayed in a holiday in express ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
you don't know shit, travis, just by staying at a holiday in. now, if you'd stayed in a holiday in express ;-)

Oh holy hell, that proves I'm of no use to you for this project - I don't even know where I was staying! It could be a Marriott property for all I know... ;)

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you double tapped the junction A button to shift between the 3 different shift modes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my road bikes I find full synchro a little annoying.I'M not comfortable with the front derailleur shifting when you are not ready.My Garmin warns me but it happens too late. Semi shift is ok though. Do your self a favor and get D-Fly box, using you phone to tune is easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i've got a Di2 9150 system on a tri bike i'm setting up. it's all 1-button shifting, on the pursuits, and on the extensions. i believe this means i'm automatically locked into the use of synchro, which is fine. and, btw, i did check and, yes, i do have the correct conforming battery.

i do have e-tube project downloaded on the laptop and i'm wired to the laptop from the front junction (i do not have the bluetooth unit inline, but i don't think i need it for the set up).

my problem: i can shift from the smallest gear (inside cog) to the 3rd (i think) from the outside cog, i.e., to the point where you would expect synchro to tell the system to shift the FD. but the FD doesn't shift.

i know the FD is functional because the FD is trimming as i move up and down the cogset.

i'm sure there's a very easy to understand mistake in set up that i'm making. what is it?

double tap junction box button until you are in S2 mode. you are likely in M (manual) mode

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply