Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bannon [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Is that Stephen Miller?

Edit: Yeah, I could see him and Gorka being able to hold the line against the Breitbart hordes, for now.

You know that is what Miller's Tinder profile looks like. How can you not love that face and swipe right?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
And yet you replied.

http://www.theonion.com/...doesnt-own-a-tel-429
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
patf wrote:
But I have not heard of any policies he has implemented that cause me any distress. I worry about substance more than the packaging. It is unfortunate that all the time spent on his abnormal personality (along with his personality itself) is keeping him from working on real problems.

Delaying the fiduciary rule. Rolling back environmental protections. No distress? I guess you don't have any kids who will have to live with the results.

Of the environmental ones, I have not been concerned about the few I have heard of. Many were put in by the last President using his authority to direct regulations. I have not seen any I am concerned about. Eventually there may be some of concern.

Had not heard about delay in the fiduciary law change. An article I saw implies this had not yet become law. maybe he wants his labor staff to review first. It kind of surprises me because I already thought the financial planner I use had this responsibility. Maybe because she is certified? Perhaps this is expanding to areas that did not have fiduciary responsibility before?

Again even if I don't agree with something I don't agree with, he seems to be trying to do what he said he would. I know that concerns a lot of people. I also don't expect I would agree with everything the President will do.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could have summarized that with one photo of Hannity. As a fellow "little person," I can confidently state that's a guy with a huge, bloated Napoleon complex.

sphere wrote:
Quote:
It's becoming increasingly unclear where Trump gets his ideological direction now.

Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
but I never thought such a large percentage of the population would support Trump, particularly since a lot of what has come true since he became President was well known. Trump is just being Trump and a good percentage of the country, and a fairly large group here in the LR, continue to support him.

There is a very large population of uneducated, ignorant people, especially in the South.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
but I never thought such a large percentage of the population would support Trump, particularly since a lot of what has come true since he became President was well known. Trump is just being Trump and a good percentage of the country, and a fairly large group here in the LR, continue to support him.

There is a very large population of uneducated, ignorant people, especially in the South.

Gotta love those stereotypes! Somehow making fun of the intelligence of people from the South is okay, especially from the "educated" that aren't from there.

Good thing you didn't specify a race, because you'd be called a racist.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Aug 18, 17 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's ridiculous, but who cares. I like that he tells us what he is thinking instead of some political hack speech.

The problem is that he doesn't say what he thinks, he says the last thing he has heard. If you look back at his life and his public statements, there is no consistency and you honestly couldn't say if he had liberal or conservative ideas. When you have someone like that, anything he says is clearly programmed from someone like Bannon, they aren't his words.

I wish he would learn to just not answer every question posed to him. And I wish he thought more before speaking. But I have not heard of any policies he has implemented that cause me any distress.

There's the "but" again...if I asked you what Trump actually stood for, I bet you couldn't list 2 or 3 actual policies that he has been consistent on through the years. He's "flexible" on his ideas, something past Presidents have been attacked for repeatedly but for some reason, it's okay for Trump.

I worry about substance more than the packaging.

You worry about substance yet support Trump's "policies". Are you serious?
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I read somewhere that the mercers (big breibart donors/advertisers) had calls with trump and bannon earlier in the week. I assume they tried to stage some sort of truce.

Or maybe not, "“He’s going nuclear,” said another friend. “You have no idea. This is gonna be really fucking bad.” (link)

"I feel jacked up. Now I’ve got my hands back on my weapons... I built a fuckng machine at Breitbart. And now I’m about to go back, knowing what I know, and we’re about to rev that machine up. And rev it up we will do." (link)

This is gonna be good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
patentattorney wrote:
I read somewhere that the mercers (big breibart donors/advertisers) had calls with trump and bannon earlier in the week. I assume they tried to stage some sort of truce.

Or maybe not, "“He’s going nuclear,” said another friend. “You have no idea. This is gonna be really fucking bad.” (link)

"I feel jacked up. Now I’ve got my hands back on my weapons... I built a fuckng machine at Breitbart. And now I’m about to go back, knowing what I know, and we’re about to rev that machine up. And rev it up we will do." (link)

This is gonna be good.

Yeah,

Now we got two heads from one hydra...great move by the Don.

We are so fuck'd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

This is gonna be good.

What does Brietbart do? I don't know. What does that even mean? We are going to whip up the fringe that follows us even more?
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

What does Brietbart do? I don't know. What does that even mean? We are going to whip up the fringe that follows us even more?

I don't know. But my guess is that he goes after the "globalist" forces that tried to (and did) marginalize his influence in the White House. Sounds like there's a gentleman's agreement to not go after Trump directly, or Trump's immediate family (Kushner, Ivanka). I guess that means he's going after Tillerson and "My Generals." (McMaster, Kelly, Mattis).

Edit: And of course Cohn. Which being a Democrat, Jewish, and ex-Goldman, the Breitbart readership will go bananas after him as a villain.

As an aside, kind of an egotistical dick move to say, "I built a fucking machine," and not use "we" to include Andrew Breitbart (RIP) himself.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 19, 17 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
As an aside, kind of an egotistical dick move to say, "I built a fucking machine," and not use "we"

Sort of like saying "I created a million jobs," though it understandably got lost in the shit show press conference the other day.

I've always viewed Breitbart as a right wing Huffington Post, though that's just my perception from a distance. I've never looked at the site beyond the front page and a small handful of stories. I think the takeaway is that he's got right wing populist bona fides, megabucks backers, and now insider knowledge with his hands back on the levers of the most powerful mode of influence among Republican voters. He probably has a greater capacity now to steer the agenda than he ever had in the West Wing, albeit by a different mechanism.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:

Of the environmental ones, I have not been concerned about the few I have heard of. Many were put in by the last President using his authority to direct regulations. I have not seen any I am concerned about. Eventually there may be some of concern.

Then you're choosing not to look very hard, or you are happy to align yourself with the interests of 'big business' over the environment.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
patf wrote:

Then you're choosing not to look very hard, or you are happy to align yourself with the interests of 'big business' over the environment.

Or all the big changes that really cleaned up the environment were done years ago 70's / 80's and added regulation the last 10 years are not worth it. Rolling back the last 10 years leaves us in a very good place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
patf wrote:

Or all the big changes that really cleaned up the environment were done years ago 70's / 80's and added regulation the last 10 years are not worth it. Rolling back the last 10 years leaves us in a very good place.

really? tell me about some of Trumps roll backs that you think leave us in a good place?
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
patf wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
patf wrote:

really? tell me about some of Trumps roll backs that you think leave us in a good place?

We were in a good place 10 years ago, 20 years ago and even 30 years ago. So I think any rollbacks of legislation from the last 10 years would leave us in a good place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
patf wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
patf wrote:

We were in a good place 10 years ago, 20 years ago and even 30 years ago. So I think any rollbacks of legislation from the last 10 years would leave us in a good place.

Great argument. You've convinced me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next