Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Eclipse Viewing Glasses [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:

ETA - that is really bad fucking planning!!

You don't know the half of it ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Eclipse Viewing Glasses [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
torrey wrote:
Amazon a couple of weeks ago when it was easy. Hoping we don't all go blind.

I saw an article about there being an issue with some that were bought off of Amazon. Might want to check to make sure yours are safe.

Right. I read the same story.

Bought my 5-pack off Amazon and received them last week along with the "beware" email. No issue when I tested them.
Quote Reply
Re: Eclipse Viewing Glasses [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not blind yet eh?

Depends on the manufacturer, if it's not one of the approved 5 or 6, Amazon is refunding the purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hadn't even thought of the glasses. Lucky for me I got two pair for free at my local Chamber of Commerce meeting. I live 60 miles or so from the direct path of the eclipse. Considering skipping it just to avoid the shit show.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Eclipse Viewing Glasses [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happen to be traveling to SC this Sunday and reserved a spot for two nights at Table Rock State Park. Went to the local science museum here in Newark, OH and am outfitted for $1 a pair with the approval from ISO 12312-2 stamped right on the cardboard earpiece.
Good to go.
Gonna ride the steep climbs of Hincapie's fondo to see what the show on 10.21 will be about. Not racing it just want to not finish last.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Walmart. $3.49 each.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Eclipse Viewing Glasses [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, good idea.

No luck at the local libraries and Lowes yesterday. Thanks.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Eclipse Viewing Glasses [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
I heard a rec for shade 14 welding lens. Shade 14? Holy crap, most welders use shade 10's or go as low as 8's with shade 3 safety glasses. I've never seen shade 14 listed as an option at work.

I remember using my dad's welding helmet to look at an eclipse when I was a kid. I have no idea what the shade level was, but I can still see. Looking at eclipse history, it must have been 1970, when I was 6 years old. Holy shit I'm getting old.

You're not old, you're well seasoned. FYI I'm pretty sure that was in July, I was taking my first swimming lessons at a lake.
Quote Reply
Re: Eclipse Viewing Glasses [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Thom wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
I heard a rec for shade 14 welding lens. Shade 14? Holy crap, most welders use shade 10's or go as low as 8's with shade 3 safety glasses. I've never seen shade 14 listed as an option at work.

I remember using my dad's welding helmet to look at an eclipse when I was a kid. I have no idea what the shade level was, but I can still see. Looking at eclipse history, it must have been 1970, when I was 6 years old. Holy shit I'm getting old.

You're not old, you're well seasoned. FYI I'm pretty sure that was in July, I was taking my first swimming lessons at a lake.

I wasn't born in 1970 and a newborn in 1972, but I do remember 1979. I used welding goggles. I think they were my grandfathers.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply

Prev Next