Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump
Quote | Reply
Boy I did Nazi that coming.

http://thehill.com/...o-anti-trump-website

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea if similar subpoenas were issued to right-wing sites?

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iO4 wrote:
Boy I did Nazi that coming.

http://thehill.com/...o-anti-trump-website

Are you really surprised by this?

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:

There were claims that the previous claims that this same sort of thing occurred under the Obama administration. To an outsider, it looks as though one branch of government isn't nearly as independant of another as the US wants the rest of the free world to believe.
Quote Reply
Re: The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obama used the IRS to go after politically opponents, he didn't use the DOJ.
Quote Reply
Re: The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:

He didn't?

Sadly, the 18 month investigation into the IRS targeting of conservative groups isn’t over, and it may be worse than anyone thought. A federal judge has broken loose more emails that the DOJ had surely hoped would never surface. The picture it reveals isn’t pretty. The documents prove that Lois Lerner met with DOJ’s Election Crimes Division a month before the 2010 elections.
. . .
What’s more, the DOJ withheld 832 pages in their entirety. They revealed that Mr. Obama’s DOJ called an October 8, 2010 meeting with the IRS “concerning 501(c)(4) issues.”

https://www.forbes.com/...reveal/#602264706931

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:

Frankly, even if your statement were true I fail to see the difference.
Quote Reply
Re: The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:

Were any of the individuals associated with "right wing" sites convicted of felonies? And which "right wing" sites were promoting demonstrations which resulted in felonies occurring on inauguration day?

It is likely that the over reach by the JD (if the article is factual) is an attempt to prosecute the 200 felonies perpetrated by anti Trump protesters? A judge will decide, that judge will likely view the request as over reach and the JD will have to go back and make a second request using only the names of those arrested.
Quote Reply
Re: The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
... and the JD will have to go back and make a second request using only the names of those arrested.

Makes sense to me.

Edit: Anyone know if the overbroad subpoena request is typical? What I mean is: Is there a form subpoena lying about that the JD uses in every case, and it's overbroad as written. The JD hopes that the subpoenaed party won't object, and it's up to the subpoenaed party's lawyer to object to it? So, if the overbroad form is used in every case (not just in those against leftist websites) then there's really no issue (apart from general government overreach that occurs in every case due to the form's use).

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Aug 15, 17 14:29
Quote Reply