Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ANT+ Footpods
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a recommendation for an ANT+ running footpod that will work with Garmin watches, but doesn't cost $70 like the Garmin branded one?
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Footpods [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only have experience with the garmin one. I've bought one new off amazon for $45 a few years back. It seems amazon still trends this price every once in a while. Otherwise they sell used for about $30-35. Either way you're far from the $70 MSRP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one from Runscribe doesn't cost $70. And this one from Stryd too

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Footpods [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
This one from Runscribe doesn't cost $70. And this one from Stryd too

Yeah, they are hundreds of dollars, much more than $70.
Not sure how that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Footpods [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It answers the question regarding foot pods that do not cost $70 and will work with Garmin devices.

There's no indication that the OP is looking for a less expensive alternative.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
It answers the question regarding foot pods that do not cost $70 and will work with Garmin devices.

OP is also looking for a recommendation. That item is on pre-order. What experience do you have with it? How can you recommend it? What affiliation do you have with the product if you can recommend it prior to release?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:

While your point that the OP asks for foot pods that work with Garmin and don't cost $70 is entirely accurate, it seems incredibly safe to assume that he is looking for devices that cost less than that price point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:

OK...I will clearly state that I am looking for a cheaper option, not a $200 footpod that has zero additional benefit when used with a Garmin watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meathead wrote:
PhilipShambrook wrote:

OK...I will clearly state that I am looking for a cheaper option, not a $200 footpod that has zero additional benefit when used with a Garmin watch.

I have a Garmin foot pod sitting on my dresser that has not had a battery in it for over a year. PM me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meathead wrote:
PhilipShambrook wrote:

Actually, I thought it was hilarious...wish I would have thought of that first :)
Quote Reply