Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM aid station clif bar procedure
Quote | Reply
I have never paid attention before, becausr i have only ever grabbed bottles at aid stationd, but do the bike aid stations at an Ironman have people holding clif bars ready to go like bottles?

My nutrition this time around includes clif bars, but I don't want to stop to pick them up, I am hoping the have someone dangling them so I can grab and go. Is this the case?
Quote Reply
Re: IM aid station clif bar procedure [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is very race-specific and depends on which companies are sponsoring the race.

I just did Ironman UK and almost everything on course was Powerbar products. At most of the bike feed stations they had Powerbar Energize bars cut in half but still in the wrappers and the volunteers would hold 2 or 3 halves together and dangle them as you say, for you to grab as you pass, so no need to stop. Same with the bananas, so no reason to assume that if Clif bars are supplied at your race that they wouldn't do the same with those.

If you check the Athlete Guide for your race, they should have a little table that tells you what stuff is available at which feed stations at the miles that you're passing each one, so hopefully you can plan appropriately:

Last edited by: awenborn: Aug 14, 17 5:10
Quote Reply
Re: IM aid station clif bar procedure [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I know Clif Bars are the on course bar in Mont a tremblant, just curious about the procedure and the need to stop or not.
Quote Reply
Re: IM aid station clif bar procedure [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should have volunteers handing them out. Do the same as you would with a water. When you get to the station yell for a cliff bar to see where they're located. Then once you see where they are point out a volunteer with it in their hand. I've found doing that let's the volunteer know you're going to them and you'll have a better chance they'll run along with you to give the hand off.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply