Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Oh, and here is our end stats:

Casco Bay SwimRun
Placid Paddlers
Total time: 6h 10m 24 s
OA Rank, 49/89
Male Team Rank: 32/43

I do think it would have been nice to know composite ages, just for comparison. The race was a BLAST, but I was lucky to have an excellent partner. Thanks again. Great recap of an unforgettable day. Real swimmers would love S/R. Triathletes would probably find it a unique and new challenge. There may be a niche in the US-I'm hoping so.
Quote Reply
Re: Casco Bay Swimrun [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What an excellent report! Well done. I haven't broken down my Strava segments yet - that's a fairly time consuming task. Like you, I lead the swims, but the last two had my partner next to me or ahead of me as my arms were toast. We are fairly equal swimmers and decided next time to trade off who leads so we both get some rest drafting the other. I was also falling apart on that long pavement run where the lemonade stand was - we walked quite a bit of that and mumbled about needing to get back in the water, which was an elation... for about 10 strokes.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Casco Bay Swimrun [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW - enjoyed reading your RR, the challenges your team faced in the lead up to, and on race day.

You guys TOTALLY embodied the spirit of swimrun as Jeff and I see it. Come prepared for a challenge, an adventure and be ready to roll with the punches.

Also a few pointers in there we know we can work on to improve in the future.

You mentioned the "awkward race start" and we simply have to chalk this up to a learning experience. Both Jeff on Long Island with the Short Course and me on Cliff Island with the Long Course start we speaking into our respective ferry's PA system. What we failed to realize is that it was falling on deaf ears to anyone outside of the ferry! From the previous year, the ferry foghorn was a booming sound, so when it blasted this go around without any movement from racers, it caught us by surprise and without backup. THANK YOU for being great sports, realizing you were embarking on a great adventure dictated by the challenging terrain on the course, and rolling with the punches.

We will only get better!

Can't wait to see you guys again!

Lars

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Last edited by: VALHALLA: Aug 22, 17 9:14
Quote Reply

Prev Next