Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flo wheels always been 25 mm wide?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the first generation Flo wheels also had a 25mm external measurement?

Anyone have a Cervelo P2 model from 2008-2012 and have a 25mm wide Flo wheel? Do have problems with the tire or wheel rubbing on the frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo wheels always been 25 mm wide? [Dallcro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have old an P2C (white from 07 or 08). I used a 60/90 combo when they first came out. No issues. It was my S2 that wouldnt fit the 90... sold it and got a deal on 404FC for the back.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I HAd a 2012 p2 and had no problems with a 60/90 set up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dallcro wrote:
Anyone know if the first generation Flo wheels also had a 25mm external measurement?

Yes. 25.0

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Flo wheels always been 25 mm wide? [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thank you to those you provided feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 model P2 (Last one before the update) and was running the original Flo wheels with no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dallcro wrote:

Anyone have a Cervelo P2 model from 2008-2012 and have a 25mm wide Flo wheel? Do have problems with the tire or wheel rubbing on the frame?

You should have no issues with the P2 and our 2012-2015 model wheels.

Have a great day,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo wheels always been 25 mm wide? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a 60/90 set that was originally bought in September 2013...very excited to try them out!

I have my eyes on a used 2012 Cervelo S5. Is there any concern about these wheels not fitting the S5? I know the previous generation S5 wouldn't fit 25mm tires?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:
Dallcro wrote:

You should have no issues with the P2 and our 2012-2015 model wheels.

Have a great day,

This right here is why FLO rocks. You can go right to the source. Even an email to the brothers gets a personal response really quickly
Quote Reply
Re: Flo wheels always been 25 mm wide? [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rss31778 wrote:
I just picked up a 60/90 set that was originally bought in September 2013...very excited to try them out!

I have my eyes on a used 2012 Cervelo S5. Is there any concern about these wheels not fitting the S5? I know the previous generation S5 wouldn't fit 25mm tires?

Thanks!

The S5 can have some issues with "tall" tires like the GP4000s. Taller tires rub on the inside of the rear wheel cut out, so you may have to experiment with a few tires.

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chris. But, no concern with the Flo's themselves causing the rubbing, right? Or are you saying that the choice of tire will determine if there's any chance of rub regardless of the wheel itself?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo wheels always been 25 mm wide? [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rss31778 wrote:
Thanks Chris. But, no concern with the Flo's themselves causing the rubbing, right? Or are you saying that the choice of tire will determine if there's any chance of rub regardless of the wheel itself?

To my knowledge, the S5 can have issues with any tall tire on any wheel... not just FLO wheels.

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my road bike - Giant TCR Advanced (2013) I had to use a Zipp Tagente Tire on my Flo 90 - 2016 model wheel, based on the suggestion of Flo. Worked great. The GP4000 worked fine on my slice. But rubbed on the Giant.
Last edited by: Skolbe: Aug 16, 17 11:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny this is being asked. I tried, just for the heck of it, fitting 25mm Conti 2000's on my 2016 P2. The rear tire rubbed. It was literally stuck. The P2 seat post is pretty tightly designed against the rear tire/wheel. I hope the 23mm's fit. If they are "too tall" I'll be bummed.

Note: I am not using Flo wheels

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by: Don_W: Aug 16, 17 12:41
Quote Reply