Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best App/Site for house hunting
Quote | Reply
Redfin, Realtor.com, Zillow are the three we use now. Want to consolidate to one and are open to other ones as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Best App/Site for house hunting [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe Realtor.com comes straight from MLS. Zillow, Redfin, et al are derivatives that pull the information and reformulate it in what they think is more user-friendly packaging.

If I were only to use one, it would be Realtor.com. However, I find Zillow's website to be easier to find the real estate I am looking for because of the outlining feature, where I can draw my own boundaries, instead of going by zip code, list price, etc.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking locally? I have an app from Berkshire which has a button you can hit for houses closest to me . So if you are driving down the road and see one I open the app and it usually brings it up. Pretty handy but not sure if you need to get it from a realtor.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Best App/Site for house hunting [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Are you looking locally? I have an app from Berkshire which has a button you can hit for houses closest to me . So if you are driving down the road and see one I open the app and it usually brings it up. Pretty handy but not sure if you need to get it from a realtor.

Locally like where you live or like where I'm driving around a neighborhood? Do they only have their listings, or all listings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you looking? Off the drive?

Cant help with apps. Curious where is desireable in the city now. I was at barry and the drive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Locally like where you live or like where I'm driving around a neighborhood? Do they only have their listings, or all listings?

Both you can search with a "find houses near me" button or put in any or a combo of zip, street , full address.

Its not just theirs although I have no idea how wide the range is. The house we bought wasn't a Berkshire listing but showed on the app.

We bought over a year ago but I still have it on my phone for when I see a great looking house for sale and I want to check it out.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Best App/Site for house hunting [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Where are you looking? Off the drive?

Cant help with apps. Curious where is desireable in the city now. I was at barry and the drive

Hell no ... suburbs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Redfin, Realtor.com, Zillow are the three we use now. Want to consolidate to one and are open to other ones as well.

I would stay away from Zillow & Trulia (same company) because ever since the merger, there have been population issues. My realtors have more issues with my images not updating quickly - where it was 24 hours, it now takes 3-4 days in some cases.

Realtor.com is going to be your best bet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Highland park?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

I would say maybe it depends on what you're using them for.

I haven't really used the apps in a year or more, however, my Two cents...

For getting compares on historical and recent house sales, I liked Redfin. I like it better for valuation uses. It used to have much better info on actual recent sales prices of houses to do your own comps / estimates.

If you're mainly using it for house hunting, then Relator.com.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just sold our house in a hot market and it never made onto the MLS but it did make it to Zillow. And when we were looking we found a few on Zillow that hadn't made it to the MLS yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Home Snap?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From an agent's perspective, none. They all pull from the same data from MLS and all sometimes get it wrong. I've had people look at Zillow and say they want to see 12 homes they found there. Only 1 or 2 were available (the rest were under contract or old listings).

Talk to an agent and get put onto an MLS feed/portal. You'll be able to see exactly what an agent sees. It's more accurate and will give you a lot more information.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply