Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Please Pray [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140.6sj wrote:
Oh my god, I dont get pissed easily but now I am. They had told us she could eat breast milk until 1, after she fed at 12:45, they told us that shouldnt have happened and she shouldnt have eaten after 11, per the anesthesiologist. Because of this, the MRI is now tomorrow.

I am losing my mind over this crap (taking so long to get her hooked up to eeg even though she was clustering both times, having her pumped full of meds before eeg is on, now this).

Does anyone have any advice?

Oh no! Tell them to take her NOW! Poor baby..
Quote Reply
Re: Please Pray [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
140.6sj wrote:
Oh my god, I dont get pissed easily but now I am. They had told us she could eat breast milk until 1, after she fed at 12:45, they told us that shouldnt have happened and she shouldnt have eaten after 11, per the anesthesiologist. Because of this, the MRI is now tomorrow.

I am losing my mind over this crap (taking so long to get her hooked up to eeg even though she was clustering both times, having her pumped full of meds before eeg is on, now this).

NO!!!!!! the anesthelogist is correct. Unless you want your child to vomit while unconcious then aspirate it and drown before they wake up. Thats why you have to fast before anesthesia. Dont fuck around with it.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My thoughts are with you and your family.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Please Pray [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
140.6sj wrote:

NO!!!!!! the anesthelogist is correct. Unless you want your child to vomit while unconcious then aspirate it and drown before they wake up. Thats why you have to fast before anesthesia. Dont fuck around with it.

Agreed, and I knew this, but now we are here waiting on them to see if theu can squeeze her in at 4 or later instead (while I doubt it's possible,it would give them then same time frame of fasting). Worst part is she is hungry, and we are waiting to either keep fasting or feed and its terrible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry this happened.

For the future - repeat back and confirm all instructions. It may also be helpful to have a notebook at all times to take notes.
Hope they get her in this afternoon.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Please Pray [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Sorry this happened.

For the future - repeat back and confirm all instructions. It may also be helpful to have a notebook at all times to take notes.

So, sadly this isnt happening. Nor is tomorrow, they have nothing open and are discharging us with medication to stop a seizure over 5 minutes and we will have an outpatient MRI, probably next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
140.6sj wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Sorry this happened.

So, sadly this isnt happening. Nor is tomorrow, they have nothing open and are discharging us with medication to stop a seizure over 5 minutes and we will have an outpatient MRI, probably next week.

You're in my thoughts. I'll give my little daughter an extra squeeze this evening.

I have extended family who's going through a similar experience (different medical issue but same from a scared and frustrated parental perspective). They found it necessary to become anal retentive in their note taking and organization. A laptop is always present to take notes on, and those notes are reviewed and organized promptly after each interaction. That's the only way they've found to effectively keep track of all the information, instructions, and who issued said information and instructions.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Please Pray [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
140.6sj wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Sorry this happened.

You're in my thoughts. I'll give my little daughter an extra squeeze this evening.

I have extended family who's going through a similar experience (different medical issue but same from a scared and frustrated parental perspective). They found it necessary to become anal retentive in their note taking and organization. A laptop is always present to take notes on, and those notes are reviewed and organized promptly after each interaction. That's the only way they've found to effectively keep track of all the information, instructions, and who issued said information and instructions.
Maybe we wont get a laptop but a tablet might be a good idea
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your daughter, you adn your family are in my prayers and thoughts. I can't imagine how frustrating and painful this time is. Keep the faith, keep the positivity and hugs going.
Quote Reply
Re: Please Pray [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Latest update.

We had our follow up with the neurologist on Fri, and found out the MRI was completely normal and what they would expect from a 3 month old, so that is good news.

Apparently there was miscommunication as to the results of the second EEG she had for the second stay. There was some irregular activity, but no idea for a cause. So as of now we are left without knowing why she had those seizures and a prescription for Keppra to maintain the seizures. Apparently the dose is a low one and seems to be working (1/4 of the dose they could give her).

Game plan for now is to just have follow ups every few months and adjust the medication at each appointment based on her weight. Obviously, anymore issues we call and set up a quicker follow-up, or if we have to use the rescue medication to get them to stop (5 min long, or 3 in an hour), in that case we go to the ER again and go from there. The plan seems to be to keep her on the medication a few years and then keep the dose the same as she grows and see how she reacts to that. If she has no more seizures during that time, we will then discuss taking her off medication all together.

So while we had some discouraging news based on the communication that happened, overall I am encouraged that this is something that she could potentially grow out of completely. Thank you all for the well wishes and tips/suggestions/offers of help. It is MUCH appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Missed this thread because I was on vacation. Will say prayers for you.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply

Prev Next