Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mid-Atlantic Triathletes...(UPDATE, great news!) [tylerwal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tylerwal wrote:
I'm based out of Hagerstown, MD (where Racine Multisports is located) and had no idea they even had a pro payout. Unless this is another Racine.

Same Racine Multisports. They may not be quite as polished as some other race production teams but they put on some good local events. Pro/Elite/Open Amateur wave for the Luray Oly on Saturday and Luray Sprint on Sunday were eligible to race for the money and I hope to see this continued next year at Luray. Free race photos too.
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Atlantic Triathletes...(UPDATE, great news!) [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea who is taking over the DE and PA races? I see RipIt has a sprint at Lums Pond next year.

So much for the draft legal Iron distance race Piranha Sports proposed.
Last edited by: Tri-Bum: Aug 28, 17 16:10
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Atlantic Triathletes...(UPDATE, great news!) [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that iron distance race ever had a prayer of a chance really. Don't know if anyone plans to do anything with DE and PA races. Maybe Brad Jaeger can revive Triathlantic!
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Atlantic Triathletes...(UPDATE, great news!) [all] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's great news. the Diamond in the Rough is a great event.

and funny that Northeast got picked up too. that wasn't Neil's originally. it was Triatlantic back in the 90s, and then it was somebody from Jersey for a couple of terrible rainy years, and then Neil picked it up. there used to be an Oly. its a great place with good terrain.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Atlantic Triathletes...(UPDATE, great news!) [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Bum wrote:
Any idea who is taking over the DE and PA races? I see RipIt has a sprint at Lums Pond next year.

Just got the email less than 5 minutes ago...VTSMTS has purchased Piranha Sports and will be continuing 8 of their races, keeping the Piranha brand for the time being. The two Maryland races will roll into the VTSMTS series. The others will be the foundation of expanding opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregn wrote:
Tri-Bum wrote:

Just got the email less than 5 minutes ago...VTSMTS has purchased Piranha Sports and will be continuing 8 of their races, keeping the Piranha brand for the time being. The two Maryland races will roll into the VTSMTS series. The others will be the foundation of expanding opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic region.

VMTS acquires Piranha Sports
We're excited to announce that the Virginia-Maryland Triathlon Series now owns and operates Piranha Sports and eight of its triathlons. This acquisition extends our reach, and we plan to re-invigorate and grow multisport events in several Mid-Atlantic states: Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.

We hope you're excited because we most certainly are!

We plan to maintain the Piranha Sports brand for the time being, although all communications will come from Greg Hawkins and the VMTS team after Piranha's final event of the year, the Marshman Tri & Du on Sept. 17.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, the Racine's are good people. Before focusing on just cycling, I did a couple duathlons and 5k's put on by their company and was always impressed.
Quote Reply

Prev Next