Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
Economist wrote:
Kenney wrote:
So you believe that in retail........lets give an example, that you buy something with a 12 month warrenty, it fails at 11 months, then that one at 11, then the next at 11 ect......so you should have replacements forever? How does a company stay in business? Have you read on here all the people that return products saying they are faulty just to buy the newest? ............They promised per agreememnt 12 months, you get 12 months, warrenty replacement does not start new again

I don't think you are comprehending the issue. I don't have a problem with replacement not being under warranty. I have a problem with their replacement lasting less than 6 months. By not replacing it they are admitting that it is not unusual for their product to fail so quickly. If it was truly an anomially they would replace it. I guess the other option is that it was an anomially they just don't care about customer service or the integrity of their product/company.

You just said that you didn't have a problem with the replacement device not being under warranty, and then immediately claim that it totally should be under warranty. And then you go and file a BBB complaint because you can't comprehend the terms of a warranty, or somehow feel like they shouldn't apply to you.

By not replacing the product, they aren't admitting that their products have a problem, they are saying only that the device is out of warranty. For all you know, the failure was an anomaly, but even if it wasn't, it was out of warranty. Then you come to slowtwitch to disparage a company, who from all appearances has treated you fairly.

I don't think they've treated him fairly. Two of their products the OP has owned have lasted less than 12 months, forgetting the warranty for a minute, a pair of headphones costing $100+ should be expected to last much longer.

Irrespectively is that good business sense/customer service allowing a customer to walk away with 2 of their products that have lasted a combined total of 17th months. Is he going to buy Jaybird's products again? How many people is he going to tell about his Jaybird experience? I'm certainly not going to touch any of their products if that's how they operate - "too bad, so sad". Although I suspect we in Australia have more protection as consumers. Although I have no idea about consumer law in the USA, UK etc.
Last edited by: zedzded: Aug 9, 17 18:26
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
FWIW I've been using Apple's Airpods since the first came out last December. I've got about 2,000 miles of running with them in the heat, cold, rain, humidity, everything. They are still working perfectly through all of that.

I've got nothing to add to your original question, but agree that the airpods seem indestructable, at least in my ham fists.

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was my experience. I had three replacements in less than two years and none of the units lasted more than six months. I eventually gave up as I could not be bothered anymore. I will never buy their products again.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You want to trash Jaybird products for being over priced and shitty? Go ahead. There are plenty of threads on this site that do. A whole bunch that you could have read before your ill fated purchase 17.5 months ago. Just about every thread on earbuds agrees that you should skip the higher priced ones and just buy the $18-30 ones, since they all last about the same time (8-16 months). Your original post was concerning their warranty policy, and they have satisfied their warranty in regards to you and the (single) product you purchased. Could they have gone out of their way to make you happy? Sure, but remember that you are almost 6 months out of warranty, a warranty that only lasted 12 months to begin with.

As to the Australian Consumer Law, it sounds great, and I'm sure Jaybird would have warrantied this if it had been purchased in Sidney. But, Australian Consumer Law is probably part of the reason you guys pay higher prices for electronics. The rest of the price difference is the upside down delivery fee, which I agree is bullshit. :P
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Seriously, forget Jaybird. They're dinosaurs in the new era of hypercompetitive electronic sales.

Get a cheap <$50 pair of earbuds that has thousands of 5-star amazon reviews such as from Anker or even this IPX7 one

https://www.amazon.com/...768CTT1G6FKZ6C1WAHXG[/quote]

Have you tried those? 19K plus reviews is pretty amazing. I destroy headphones for some reason. Never had a wired pair last much more then a year so have been thinking of trying wireless. But at the rate I go through them have been hesitant to try.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:
Seriously, forget Jaybird. They're dinosaurs in the new era of hypercompetitive electronic sales.

Get a cheap <$50 pair of earbuds that has thousands of 5-star amazon reviews such as from Anker or even this IPX7 one

Have you tried those? 19K plus reviews is pretty amazing. I destroy headphones for some reason. Never had a wired pair last much more then a year so have been thinking of trying wireless. But at the rate I go through them have been hesitant to try.

Those are the ones I'm currently using. So far so good, but I've killed BT earbuds at a rate of 1 every 4-6 months so I expect similar, even with the IPX7 rating. I've had this set for 7 months so far, and it's holding up so far. The cust service is good though - I thought I killed it last month when it seemed to charge insufficiently, so I emailed them and they asked me to try 'resetting' it and letting them know what happened before they sent out a new one. Turned out it was my error - just didn't have it plugged into an 'on' USB port on my hub, so no warrantee replacement needed. Still, the email I got was in <1 day.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks going to order a pair

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
You want to trash Jaybird products for being over priced and shitty? Go ahead. There are plenty of threads on this site that do. A whole bunch that you could have read before your ill fated purchase 17.5 months ago. Just about every thread on earbuds agrees that you should skip the higher priced ones and just buy the $18-30 ones, since they all last about the same time (8-16 months). Your original post was concerning their warranty policy, and they have satisfied their warranty in regards to you and the (single) product you purchased. Could they have gone out of their way to make you happy? Sure, but remember that you are almost 6 months out of warranty, a warranty that only lasted 12 months to begin with.

As to the Australian Consumer Law, it sounds great, and I'm sure Jaybird would have warrantied this if it had been purchased in Sidney. But, Australian Consumer Law is probably part of the reason you guys pay higher prices for electronics. The rest of the price difference is the upside down delivery fee, which I agree is bullshit. :P

I think you're still missing the point. I would think satisfying a warranty would include sending a product that doesn't fail in such a short amount of time. Using your theory. It's okay for retailers to satisfy warranties with faulty products. All they have to do is send the product and claim they satisfied the warranty. Once they fail, send coupon so they buy a new pair. Thus they disposed of faulty headphones from warranty and reaped profits assuming customer buys new pair. Seems to push the ethical boundaries for me. But like you said...after a Google search Jaybird Sport appears to have serious ethical issues. So maybe this is status quo for that company.

Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Those are the ones I'm currently using. So far so good, but I've killed BT earbuds at a rate of 1 every 4-6 months so I expect similar, even with the IPX7 rating. I've had this set for 7 months so far, and it's holding up so far. The cust service is good though - I thought I killed it last month when it seemed to charge insufficiently, so I emailed them and they asked me to try 'resetting' it and letting them know what happened before they sent out a new one. Turned out it was my error - just didn't have it plugged into an 'on' USB port on my hub, so no warrantee replacement needed. Still, the email I got was in <1 day.

That has to be the most reviews I've ever seen on a product. Almost makes me wonder if they did that scam of buying reviews. I prefer the ear buds, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm most certainly going to browse Amazon for a more reliable pair.

Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Economist wrote:
JPDMD25 wrote:
I remember them saying to me that the replacement headphones were not eligible for warranty. I have no confidence in their product. I ended up purchasing a pair of "cheapo" bluetooth headphones off amazon and they've been great.

With Apple and most likely android removing headphone jacks, jaybird business looks promising. But their products are much like Garmin. Questionable. At least Garmin knows this and responds with almost no questions asked.

I did file BBB dispute. I've had excellent responses with past disputes. Let's see how this goes.

Almost every electrical product is questionable for hardcore athletes. The reality, is we are not their target market, and everything in life these days is resorting to the lowest common denominator. While there is money for Jaybird to be made on triathletes, they don't want to engineer products to be able to handle the sweat, humidity and general abuse that endurance athletes can throw at them. If warranty becomes so costly that product improvement and supply chain is cheaper, they will do it, otherwise they will design products for the typical user who may use these in nice environments and sparingly. They will milk that cash cow, and allow devices to fail so they can sell new ones.

The same goes for Garmin. We use the products every day. Their typical customer might be someone who uses the product once a week on average. In the 20+ Garmin devices I have had I don't think I have one that hasn't failed at some point .

Blog post that targets athletes.

https://www.jaybirdsport.com/blog/this-is-why-i-run/

Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
Your original post was concerning their warranty policy, and they have satisfied their warranty in regards to you and the (single) product you purchased. :P

You are right, they have satisfied their warranty, but the OP has a right to be pissed off. I don't get why companies operate in this manner. I'm sure there are people at Jaybird that would not be happy that this guy has had his warranty replacement headphones fail so quickly. Perhaps the "customer services" guy on minimum wage doesn't give a shit, but the guys that design the product might.

If a company produces poor quality products they either need to have a very customer focused approach to dealing with failures or they're not going to last long. e.g Jeep. Shit cars and a shit attitude from the company to fixing their shit cars , at least in Australia. People buying new cars that spend most of their first year getting repaired and they refuse to acknowledge issues with the car, what do they think is going to happen. Now that they are virtually unsellable in Australia they are trying to do something to fix up their reputation, too late mate! At least with Apple they will repair/replace out of warranty products, although this is more of a case of them being forced to by Australian Competition and Consumer Commission rather than them being concerned about their customers.
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Sport Warranty Issue...SOL or push harder? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Economist wrote:
JPDMD25 wrote:
I remember them saying to me that the replacement headphones were not eligible for warranty. I have no confidence in their product. I ended up purchasing a pair of "cheapo" bluetooth headphones off amazon and they've been great.

With Apple and most likely android removing headphone jacks, jaybird business looks promising. But their products are much like Garmin. Questionable. At least Garmin knows this and responds with almost no questions asked.

I did file BBB dispute. I've had excellent responses with past disputes. Let's see how this goes.

Almost every electrical product is questionable for hardcore athletes. The reality, is we are not their target market, and everything in life these days is resorting to the lowest common denominator. While there is money for Jaybird to be made on triathletes, they don't want to engineer products to be able to handle the sweat, humidity and general abuse that endurance athletes can throw at them. If warranty becomes so costly that product improvement and supply chain is cheaper, they will do it, otherwise they will design products for the typical user who may use these in nice environments and sparingly. They will milk that cash cow, and allow devices to fail so they can sell new ones.

The same goes for Garmin. We use the products every day. Their typical customer might be someone who uses the product once a week on average. In the 20+ Garmin devices I have had I don't think I have one that hasn't failed at some point .

Blog post that targets athletes.

https://www.jaybirdsport.com/blog/this-is-why-i-run/

It could be argued that they are not fit for purpose. If a company is going to market it's product in order to attract a certain demographic, that product, from a quality and reliability perspective, has to meet a certain level of expectation by the customer. You can't have some guy sprinting up mountains in pouring rain wearing his Jaybird Sports when in reality a small amount of sweat causes them to fail. And the main issue with my Ipod nano was sweat seeping in through the screen when I touched the screen, that IMO, is not fit for purpose. Companies get away with too much these days, producing shit quality stuff that barely makes it past their warranty period.
Quote Reply

Prev Next