Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Danno wrote:
Slowman wrote:
last tri in 83 wrote:
Where are you getting that? I can't find anything that suggests that. Take a step back and think about it. Kaep in the top ten of QB's??

not that this is going to change what or how you think about anything one iota, and it's certainly not going to change JSA's mind because he loves facts until he doesn't, but i believe what i wrote is the 10th highest QB (passer) rating among active players. i might be wrong about that. it might be 11th. shaub, kap, dalton, in pretty close to a dead heat for 9th thru 11th.

in addition to the link above you'll find the stats here. not hard to find. these stats are shown for 1500 attempts and over. if you add those not yet meeting that threshold then prescott, mariota, garoppolo, tyrod taylor jump over him. but if you go back to where kap was when he had 400 or 800 attempts he jumps back over several on this list, hence the 1500 threshold.

The two links you provided say that he is 17th.

active players.

Gee. Okay. 11th. No comment on the rest . . . this is not about his race. Period.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Would that be the same Pete Carroll who coaches the Seattle Seahawks who brought him in, but decided not to sign him? That Pete Carroll? Strong support for your position!

i suspect it's highly likely pete carroll would've signed him had the decision been his. likewise jim harbaugh who has a pretty good source he could ask about him. the problem is not the coaches.

JSA wrote:
Where are the citations to articles from the neutral sports writers who claim he has the talent to be in the League?

just as i thought. very typical of you. you ask for citations, i provide citations, you decide these guys are all lying. you ask for stats, i provide stats, you dismiss stats.

if i provide you the citations you're asking for - neutral sports writers - you'll simply go cite by cite and make up your typical lawyerly bullshit excuses that essentially call them all liars or shills.

why can't you just man up, be a man, and admit what's going on? that the front office doesn't want to sign him and that's entirely why he's not signed? as everyone but you knows! and then you and i might be able to have a worthwhile discussion about the validity of that position, because it would be an interesting discussion. i can see both sides. i do think it exposes an inconsistency in both fan and front office behavior, but i think it's a worthwhile discussion.

unfortunately we can't get to that discussion because you've dug your heels on a factless, losing argument and, as typical, you remain the living emoji of a worthless time suck.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Aug 10, 17 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
Gee. Okay. 11th.

thank you. out of 30 active QBs on that list. most of whom are starters. and he has that rating while playing for the last 2 of his 4 years on a team with just about the worst supporting cast in the NFL (it's hard to complete a forward pass when your team is bereft of talent on the other end of that pass).

i agree with you. in most cases the reason he's signed is not about race. it's about money. the owners are craven and he could flash a heil hitler sign during the anthem and they wouldn't care as long as the seats fill. they're worried that they'll lose revenue if they sign him.

the extant problem is why they will lose revenue if they sign him - that it's the fans who have the double standard. it's the fans who have no problem with a black player beating up his black GF while driving drunk, but don't let that black player stick his gloved fist in the air. john carlos and tommy smith started it. kap is continuing it. unfortunately kap is not a very good spokesman for his cause. but it's still a fan problem and we don't have an NFL owner the likes of branch rickey.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
JSA wrote:
Would that be the same Pete Carroll who coaches the Seattle Seahawks who brought him in, but decided not to sign him? That Pete Carroll? Strong support for your position!

i suspect it's highly likely pete carroll would've signed him had the decision been his. likewise jim harbaugh who has a pretty good source he could ask about him. the problem is not the coaches.

Nope. Carroll said no. His excuse was, he did not want to upset Russell Wilson. I suspect the true reason is because of race ...

Slowman wrote:
JSA wrote:
Where are the citations to articles from the neutral sports writers who claim he has the talent to be in the League?

just as i thought. very typical of you. you ask for citations, i provide citations, you decide these guys are all lying. you ask for stats, i provide stats, you dismiss stats.

if i provide you the citations you're asking for - neutral sports writers - you'll simply go cite by cite and make up your typical lawyerly bullshit excuses that essentially call them all liars or shills.

Nope. You don't get to throw out a few quotes that do not support your position, then assert you have met the burden. You made the assertion. Thus, you have the burden of proof. You have to proffer some support for your claim regarding his skill set.

This is typical of your "debating" (I use that term lightly) style. Instead of putting in the time and effort to support your position, you throw up your hands and say nothing you produce will be good enough. There is little stronger evidence of failure to have support for one's position than taking the "nothing will be good enough for you" approach.

Between this tactic and your tactic of wholly ignoring significant portions of posts responsive to you, it is impossible to take you seriously.

Slowman wrote:
why can't you just man up, be a man, and admit what's going on? that the front office doesn't want to sign him and that's entirely why he's not signed? as everyone but you knows! and then you and i might be able to have a worthwhile discussion about the validity of that position, because it would be an interesting discussion. i can see both sides. i do think it exposes an inconsistency in both fan and front office behavior, but i think it's a worthwhile discussion.

I see exactly what is going on. It is the same thing that happened to Tebow and Bob the Third. Period. Hard stop. If you stopped allowing your radical left wing philosophy to control all aspects of your reasoning, you would see the same.

Slowman wrote:
unfortunately we can't get to that discussion because you've dug your heels on a factless, losing argument and, as typical, you remain the living emoji of a worthless time suck.

Ha! Ha! Ha! You are on a island in an ocean of facts contrary to your position, standing on a mound of coconuts cursing sky for being blue and the sun for being hot.

But, it is entertaining ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Danno wrote:
Gee. Okay. 11th.

thank you. out of 30 active QBs on that list. most of whom are starters. and he has that rating while playing for the last 2 of his 4 years on a team with just about the worst supporting cast in the NFL (it's hard to complete a forward pass when your team is bereft of talent on the other end of that pass).

i agree with you. in most cases the reason he's signed is not about race. it's about money. the owners are craven and he could flash a heil hitler sign during the anthem and they wouldn't care as long as the seats fill. they're worried that they'll lose revenue if they sign him.

the extant problem is why they will lose revenue if they sign him - that it's the fans who have the double standard. it's the fans who have no problem with a black player beating up his black GF while driving drunk, but don't let that black player stick his gloved fist in the air. john carlos and tommy smith started it. kap is continuing it. unfortunately kap is not a very good spokesman for his cause. but it's still a fan problem and we don't have an NFL owner the likes of branch rickey.

There is finally some semblance of rational thought in this post. It is true - the owners are worried they'll lose revenue if they sign him. Because he sucks.

But, let's address your second point. Let's set aside his skillset for a moment and just discuss this. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, he is the 10th best QB in the League. Let's further assume the sole reason he is not signed is because of his conduct. So what? Why is that a problem?

Don't tell me it is racism. That is ridiculous. See, e.g., Mike Vick and Greg Hardy. See also, Tim Tebow and Jonny Football. If a player has the skillset, that player will be on an NFL team, regardless of his transgressions and/or race. So, this isn't about race.

That means it must be because he knelt during the National Anthem, he work a Castro shirt, he bashed the hell out of the US on the 4th of July, he railed against Trump but did not even bother to vote, and he wore socks with pig police officers on them. Why is it a problem to "blackball" him for that, assuming that is the reason?

The message is only as strong as the method. Assume I want to draw attention to child abuse in America. I cannot fathom anyone would find that to be anything other than a worthy cause. Assume I do this by going downtown and lighting American flags on fire. Would it get attention? You bet. When the cameras show up, I can explain that I am not bashing the US or soldiers, or anything other than trying to draw attention to a worthy cause. Would that excuse my method? Absolutely not. Period. Hard stop.

Kaep has done so many offensive things the message has been completely lost in the method. You don't get to do offensive acts to raise consciousness to a cause and not face the consequences of your conduct.

So, let's assume it is all about his protests. Why is that a problem, given these facts?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[slowman]

it's entirely, fully, totally a case of his taking a knee. that's 100 percent of why he's not signed. what we could be discussing is whether it's okay for owners to not sign him because of this. i think it's a fair discussion to have. but we couldn't really have that until we just agree to what most players in the NFL already know and publicly state.[/quote]
How do you explain all the other players that took a knee and still have contracts?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Danno wrote:
Gee. Okay. 11th.

Let's have a look at his average QB rating for the last 2 years compared to the average QB rating for the 30 starters. Do you have that metric? His QB rating in 2015 and 2016 was abysmal, and he fumbled . . . a lot.

Slowman wrote:

And they'd be right. Why would they knowingly sign a guy that would cost them money and create controversy around the team that doesn't currently exist? They'll take that risk with Ray Lewis because the controversy is worth it when the asses are in the seats.

Slowman wrote:

You're treating the fans like they're a monolithic block, when in fact they are a very diverse crowd. There are a LOT of fans that disagree with Kaepernick's chosen method of protest who WILL take their dollars elsewhere. I am certain some of them are raging racists. I'm equally certain some of them just disagree with his message. And, I am also equally sure that some of them don't have a problem with his message, but feel he disrespected military veterans everywhere and are voting with their pocketbooks . . . . which, by the way, they have every right to do. Why should the owners fund Kaep's platform? If he's THAT good, he'll find a team. It's just that in the last 3-4 years, he hasn't been that good. As others have said, he has ALL the down sides and very little of the up side. Business is business, and Kaep is bad business given his deteriorating talent, niche skillset, and penchant for pissing off a large group of the fan base.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Kaep has done so many offensive things the message has been completely lost in the method. You don't get to do offensive acts to raise consciousness to a cause and not face the consequences of your conduct.

I don't know what the big deal is. I can't imagine my employer would take issue with me wearing socks that show pigs dressed like cops.

Or Black Panther shirts

I'm guessing they're big fans of Castro.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would imagine that stat is reflective of his dink ball passing game. Very minimal downfield game. Here is an important stat he is missing from:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/...ds_single_season.htm

Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing Slowman is slunk in a corner somewhere licking his wounds ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching Broncos V Bears game.

Glendon's first pass was the textbook definition of a wounded duck. Pick six by the Broncos.

Kaepernick could do the same.

I think Trubisky may be starting for the bears in game 1.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Glendon's first pass was the textbook definition of a wounded duck. Pick six by the Broncos.

Come on, man! Don't be so hard on Glennon! What do you expect when you only commit to a 3 year, $45M contract with $3M signing bonus and $18.5M guaranteed?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
davec wrote:

Come on, man! Don't be so hard on Glennon! What do you expect when you only commit to a 3 year, $45M contract with $3M signing bonus and $18.5M guaranteed?

Just STFU until February
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
davec wrote:

Just STFU until February

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Danno wrote:
Gee. Okay. 11th.

Late to the party on this one but here's the deal, as I see it: Kaep isn't starter material, he had a stellar breakout season (as many promising QB's do) then was markedly worse in 2014 and worse than that in 2015. Bad Y/att, DVOA, too many fumbles...Is he better than many backups, and maybe even some starters on crap teams? Sure. But here's the other issue: middling QB's and backup QB's are not allowed to be problem children. They're not the ones who get away with off-field shit. Mike Vick was a superstar and it was a huge, huge deal when he got that starting spot in Philly after three years in prison (I think it was three). And he was a legit star. The QB sets the tone for the franchise, and if Kaep isn't a STAR QB no one is signing on to him being an average-at-best QB (or backup) when he has this baggage. It's not racist, it's common sense. If Kaep were better he'd be a starter somewhere. If Ray Rice had been three years younger he'd have been on a team after his shit. Hell look at Barry Bonds: still one of the ten best hitters in baseball his final year but no team was touching him with the Balco stuff going on so he was ostensibly blackballed. It happens, and for reasons other than 'owners are racist'.

Maybe next time you think Kaep should've been signed by Miami you might want to think about the Cuban population there, and whether they'd really want their shit replacement QB to be a Castro supporter. It was a total non-starter for the Dolphins, and for most other teams the negatives outweigh any positives of him.
Quote Reply

Prev Next