Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [Sir.Vaylo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
You eluded to the fact earlier that you and I were more alike than different - that you hated liberals and their beliefs. I believe that's how you put it. Me thinks you lied.
What have you brought to the table?

No, no. He alluded. It's you who eluded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not at all, I think its brilliant, especially considering who we're dealing with.

So you strongly agree with this message from Trump;

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

And you strongly agree with this message from Tillerson,

"Nothing that I have seen and nothing that I know of would indicate that the situation has dramatically changed in the last 24 hours," he said, adding that "Americans should sleep well at night."

Are you at all surprised that some people think there is a JV team in the Whitehouse?
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the body language it almost looks like he has his fingers crossed under the arm pits.

https://youtu.be/I20vnRqGPFI

veganerd wrote:
zed707 wrote:
To me, what I find extremely distasteful was his use of the phrase "as the world has never seen"--twice! When I heard him use that phrase my mind immediately jumped to the events at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. You can bet that was his intention in his little mind.

For the acting President of the US to evoke those events in a public threat was un-presidential, and in horrible taste. He's basically saying "remember what we did to Japan? That was nothing!"

Exactly. Hes an incredible buffoon.
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
Where did the poster mention CNN? He's calling you, and the other 5 of you who spend your entire day posting about Trump on ST a joke. Get it? Doubtful you do. When one spends their day in an ideological circle jerk, that person loses sight of just how dumb their next breathless comment sounds.

Cool story, bro. Comical, even. Remind us again how you, Rod, Duffy, & OH spent the previous 8 years? Some of us have memories that go back further than November...
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
You eluded to the fact earlier that you and I were more alike than different - that you hated liberals and their beliefs. I believe that's how you put it. Me thinks you lied.

Or is he deluded? Methinks so.
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
eb wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:

Or is he deluded? Methinks so.

Are you alluding to undiluted delusion?
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [swimwithstones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimwithstones wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
You're right...its a non answer. I don't know why liberals think how they think. Matter of fact, there are a number of things I wonder about but have no answer to...such as:

Everything you've just posted is a strawman. You believe in one thing, so you've made a caricature out of the opposing position because it looks foolish and is easy to ridicule. You won't learn anything because you've just made any other position irrational, and you won't persuade anyone because you are arguing against a point that they don't hold.

Random bullet from your list: "I don't know why liberals believe in big government." I doubt whether there are any liberals whose goal is to somehow increase the size of the government. What's more accurate is to say that if the nation can be made better a way that requires an increase in government size, then a liberal is less likely to object to it than a conservative.

There, now you can actually have a discussion about an issue.

I doubt whether there are any liberals whose goal is to somehow increase the size of the government.
That made my day. And it lends credence to your level of input to this discussion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:

Classic. Use grammatical errors to step up. And have you read every post. I think I've replied to most everything of substance thrown my way. I may not have had the answer, but I stated so in my reply. In some instances, others answered with what I would agree with (for example, how should a leader react to KJI).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
eb wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:

Classic. Use grammatical errors to step up. And have you read every post. I think I've replied to most everything of substance thrown my way. I may not have had the answer, but I stated so in my reply. In some instances, others answered with what I would agree with (for example, how should a leader react to KJI).

You're a few posts behind. S'OK - we'll wait for you to catch up. With substance.
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Not at all, I think its brilliant, especially considering who we're dealing with.

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

"Nothing that I have seen and nothing that I know of would indicate that the situation has dramatically changed in the last 24 hours," he said, adding that "Americans should sleep well at night."

Are you at all surprised that some people think there is a JV team in the Whitehouse?

I agree with you 100%. We have a team that has never really governed before. That is a large part of Trumps allure. It still is. He is an outsider. Its a breath of fresh air. I wish we could rid Washington of every politician up there...republican and democrat. The only was our government will ever change is term limits. And that will never happen. Washington as a whole wants Trump gone. He is a threat to the system.

On another note, isn't it cool how a JV team is showing the last administration some "how to"? I'll take this JV team over the more experienced Obamas, Clintons, Pelosis, Reids, Schumers, etc. any day of the week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
eb wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:

You're a few posts behind. S'OK - we'll wait for you to catch up. With substance.

I couldn't be on here all day. I actually have a business to run. Something you and the other liberals know nothing about and would prefer to destroy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a new knucklehead of the week award in the LR that you're bucking for or something?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Is there a new knucklehead of the week award in the LR that you're bucking for or something?

It's a pretty tight race between him and jwbeuk right now. Exciting stuff.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

Hes certainly making a run for it. It seems hes trying to establish dominance before anyone steps up to challenge him for the knucklehead crown.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take this JV team over the more experienced Obamas, Clintons, Pelosis, Reids, Schumers, etc. any day of the week.

If you took Trump out of the equation, I would agree. He is the stumbling block.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
I doubt whether there are any liberals whose goal is to somehow increase the size of the government.
That made my day. And it lends credence to your level of input to this discussion.

Just so I understand you; you're saying you actually believe that part of the liberal mindset is that increasing the size of government is an ultimate goal? Not to make it better or to do society any good. Just to make it bigger. To what possible end?

I would be very interested to see how you've come to that conclusion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
eb wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
eb wrote:
Sir.Vaylo wrote:

I couldn't be on here all day. I actually have a business to run. Something you and the other liberals know nothing about and would prefer to destroy.

Must be a very slow business day for you today then.:-) And BTW, don't think you're the only guy on LR that is self employed. Or that self employed people can't think your your boy Trump is a moron or aren't liberal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'm a liberal, and I own and run my own business. I know many liberals who are very successful entrepreneurs and business-people. What makes you think that we don't run businesses or are successful in business?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could go on and on and on. Can you answer these wonders?

Actually, what you are doing there is going against common sense and rational process, as well as the way things are done in almost everything other western democratic country. The U.S. has decided to go it's own way on many of these issues, while rejecting tried and true policy, and legislation that works well in many other countries around the world.

Take health care - every other western democratic country has some form of universal healthcare. These systems are delivered with lower costs per-user, with better outcomes than the U.S. system which has one of the highest costs per user in the west and overall outcomes that are middle to back of the pack! So do you truly want a better healthcare system with lower costs, or do you want to continue to do it YOUR way?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Come on. Do you really think fat little Kim is going to stand up to this?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

I'm a liberal, and I own and run my own business. I know many liberals who are very successful entrepreneurs and business-people. What makes you think that we don't run businesses or are successful in business?

I didn't say a liberal couldn't be successful. I mean, look at George Soros - he has been successful at something. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Al Gore. All successful. I know a liberal who has a very successful contracting business - he made a fortune going into places like Ferguson and rebuilding what his own party destroyed.
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I'll take this JV team over the more experienced Obamas, Clintons, Pelosis, Reids, Schumers, etc. any day of the week.

If you took Trump out of the equation, I would agree. He is the stumbling block.

Today we had Tillerson telling everyone to ignore the President and listen to the adults,

Quote:
...have no concerns about this particular rhetoric of the last few days
(link)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sir.Vaylo wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I agree with you 100%. We have a team that has never really governed before. That is a large part of Trumps allure. It still is. He is an outsider. Its a breath of fresh air. I wish we could rid Washington of every politician up there...republican and democrat. The only was our government will ever change is term limits. And that will never happen. Washington as a whole wants Trump gone. He is a threat to the system.

On another note, isn't it cool how a JV team is showing the last administration some "how to"? I'll take this JV team over the more experienced Obamas, Clintons, Pelosis, Reids, Schumers, etc. any day of the week.

Aren't term limits just big government taking away choices for the people? In a government for and by the people shouldn't people be able to choose who they want. Republicans supposedly want small government at the local level until someone does something at the local level they don't like. Term limits are the same. Why should you restrict my choices? What good does that do? Isn't that actually increased government regulation? I thought republicans were against that.
Quote Reply
Re: trump promises fury on north korea [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Republicans supposedly want small government

Quote Reply

Prev Next