Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations on stationary bike
Quote | Reply
Looking to train on stationary bike any recommendations. Need one that will not stress the ankles (achilles tendinosis) along with plantar plate rupures. What is your bike of choice. I was a weekend warrior, but i discovered that over 45 one can't be a weekend warrior without proper warmup and training. Running did it for my ankles and breast stroke on my knees and feet also.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on stationary bike [Mickey warrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're going to get more and better responses from the main/triathlon forum than here. This is an off-topic sub forum. That said, if you have a bike already you can just pick up a stationary trainer & put your bike on that. It's better than a stationary bike and saves space. Electronic smart trainers are all the rage right now, which means you can find a great fluid trainer at a fantastic deal. Kurt Kinetic and Cycleops are the best of the common brands and are easily found on Craigslist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This looks interesting. Peloton cycle.com

Me, I bought a used low tech spin bike and some suffer fest videos.

Last edited by: last tri in 83: Aug 8, 17 8:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Borderline post. Moose lover shall decide though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are images of many stationary bikes (a few non-stationary). Any bike that is stationary will be fine for your achilles.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always tried hanging mine from the garage ceiling or just chaining it to a post. Garage ceiling is usually more stationary than a post.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on stationary bike [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
I've always tried hanging mine from the garage ceiling or just chaining it to a post. Garage ceiling is usually more stationary than a post.

Yes, that is a very good post and a rule to live by. I have had the same experience. I suspect that the reason for this is that when it is down somewhere, even chained to a post, it will get in the way of something and I'll have to move it. For instance, I keep my stationary bike on the front porch. When the dog's ball rolls behind it, the dog will move the bike getting to the ball.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply