Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Curvy [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
BLeP wrote:
We've probably already hashed this out but I hate the search function.

When did curvy become a synonym for rotund?

I just a saw a twitter handle and it's "the curvy paddler". She isn't curvy. She's just overweight.

Not to be too big of a stickler, but did you mean The Curvy Portager on twitter? I'm striking out in my searches for The Curvy Paddler.

I did. However now I feel bad that we're naming her.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't feel too bad about it. She's the one who went out of her weight to make her appearance an issue.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I wouldn't feel too bad about it. She's the one who went out of her weight to make her appearance an issue.

:-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just another euphemism to normalize fat and make people feel better about being fat. Because fat is no longer PC.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
i like a rubenesque sandwich. i don't like the sauerkraut but i like the rest of it.

Wouldn't that be a sandwich that is PHAT?
Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Madduck wrote:
i like a rubenesque sandwich.

i bet you would.

i feel offended and threatened. you should be kicked off this island. who should i contact?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Madduck wrote:
i like a rubenesque sandwich. i don't like the sauerkraut but i like the rest of it.

Wouldn't that be a sandwich that is PHAT?

i can't get my cool meme reply to post. grrr

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Last edited by: Madduck: Aug 7, 17 12:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Madduck wrote:
i like a rubenesque sandwich.

i bet you would.

Miracle Max: Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe
[smacks his lips]
Miracle Max: They're so perky, I love that.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
My favorite misnomer from back in those days was "athletic." To me, in the context of an online dating profile "athletic" meant (and still means) that you run, lift, roll, etc., seriously and regularly. It did and does not mean that you could play defensive tackle.

My recollection was that 'athletic' build was always deceptive. So... you sat on the bench for jv girls volleyball in the 9th grade? You must be athletic then! Another one that gets me is "Enjoys hiking." Walking across a patch of grass on the way from your car to your cube is not hiking.

Ideally, curvy would mean that youre a little thicker specifically in the chest, hips or ass area. If you resemble Grimace, youre just fat. That's meant as descriptive, not judgmental.
Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [nhunter344] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Athletic' means no boobs.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhunter344 wrote:
Crank wrote:
My favorite misnomer from back in those days was "athletic." To me, in the context of an online dating profile "athletic" meant (and still means) that you run, lift, roll, etc., seriously and regularly. It did and does not mean that you could play defensive tackle.

My recollection was that 'athletic' build was always deceptive. So... you sat on the bench for jv girls volleyball in the 9th grade? You must be athletic then! Another one that gets me is "Enjoys hiking." Walking across a patch of grass on the way from your car to your cube is not hiking.

Ideally, curvy would mean that youre a little thicker specifically in the chest, hips or ass area. If you resemble Grimace, youre just fat. That's meant as descriptive, not judgmental.

You nailed it: "A little thicker." Anything more than that has its own description, and that's "bigger" or the like.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless you're on Craigslist, then it's "BBW" - Big Beautiful Woman which, in most cases, is synonymous with fat...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A "Ruebenesque Sandwich" is called a "Rachel."
Quote Reply
Re: Curvy [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:

Are you the bread or the meat?
Quote Reply

Prev Next