Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How Special is Javier Gomez [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam Laidlow indicated that Gomez, Brownlee and Frodo were the three athletes that inspired him as a kid. How cool would it be if he could race against him soon.
Last edited by: Engner66: Sep 13, 23 11:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep 🙏 I would love to have a Brownlee/Gomez rivalry in PTO, the sport needs it! (Throw the Norweigens into the mix if need be) even if we can get this for just one more year?

Frodo might even be tempted to give it another year, lets have em all line up fit and firing at 70.3 worlds next year 🙏🙏🙏
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Javier has just won the Mediterranean Epic Triathlon in Alicante, Spain. 1.9k-81k (hilly)-21k . His time for the HM was 1.07.59... I think the course is legit.
Bike averaged 40km/h (as I said it was hilly)...
I guess he will try to qualify for Kona before the end of the year and give it another try before retiring

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: How Special is Javier Gomez [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gomez is now 40 years old and missed a year of competing at the highest level, hopefully like Frodo he has at least one great race left in him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The talk from him and Dan Plews has been really positive, just sounds like a rough COVID and the current injury have prevented showing off that work. I’d love to see him get 1 more big win.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Gomez is now 40 years old and missed a year of competing at the highest level, hopefully like Frodo he has at least one great race left in him.

i really like javi and feel that, like ali brownlee, he's missed out on a handful of races the last few years that would have suited him really well. world's at st george, and again at nice ... both seem like good courses for him. especially the way st george panned out would have played well for him.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: How Special is Javier Gomez [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely better Nice and St George than Kona for Javier. But he has a lot of work to do with his cycling. The bar is so high now that in PTO races and IM you have to be in the top of the game on the bike (Ditlev and Laidlow´s times are just ridiculous). He is not made for panflat courses, but he also suffered in the 70.3 worlds climbs in 2019 in Nice. His cadence on the bike seems lower, so I think he has been working on power to start running less tired. "We´ll see"

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: How Special is Javier Gomez [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soft field, but the numbers are still pretty impressive

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: How Special is Javier Gomez [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As his his new job. https://pontevedraviva.com/...r-gomez-noya-liorta/[/url]

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply