Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike box alan
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, anyone have a bike box by alan bike case? Does your tri bike fit easily in it?
Thanks,
Juan
Quote Reply
Re: Bike box alan [oldhagj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one and my size M Shiv fits great with plenty of room in spaces for helmet, shoes, and additional gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and my Scott Plasma3, Large size, fits in no problem with space for other kit. A very good box.

Will
Quote Reply
Re: Bike box alan [Barlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt IA 10, size 56 fits in it. I do have to take off the rear derailleur which I was under the impression I wouldn't have to from watching their packing video. Seat, pedals and rear derailleur come off and the handlebars are folded over. Fortunately I have a little slack in the internal cabling otherwise the bars wouldn't fold over. Great box with room for helmet, shoes, bottles, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike box alan [newtridude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one and size L trek (gen 2) fits. Mono bar and base bar off, wheels and seat post off and into the box. It's a tighter fit than the road bike but still works just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have three of these boxes!!

They are great - super easy to pack and very robust - never had a problem and have done some serious miles with these boxes. The only wear part seems to be the wheels which I have had to replace after approx 3 years - bikeboxalan sell them and they are very easy to fit yourself, so no big deal.

One of my bikes is a 2016 size 56 Cervelo P3 - fits in the standard box perfectly.

Only question with this bike is what to do with the disc???? - with the disc in the bike-box as normal, the anti crush pole can't be used - bikeboxalan tell that it will probably be ok without the pole, but of course better with it - so I tend to fly everywhere with the disc as carry on, to allow the anti crush pole to be used ........and yes, for the sceptics among you, it is totally Ok flying with a disc as carry on - I have taken many flights in recent years with the disc as carry on and so far have never had even a query from the airline staff or security - fits quite easily into all overhead lockers.
Last edited by: Chri G: Aug 8, 17 1:59
Quote Reply
Re: Bike box alan [Chri G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had mine a few years as have several friends.

Can't fault it - it's been great. Survived many filghts.

Fits my 56cm road and TT bikes no problem.

I actually picked mine up from them as they're local to me and they had some big Pro team orders waiting to go.

And very randomly (I'm sure this is true - at least
I believe I remember it) they have a company pet miniature goat that was just wandering round the place hahahaha :-)

LG
Quote Reply