Have a great Sunday all.
Quote Reply
Re: Yosemite [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very jealous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am jealous as well. Of many places I have visited, Yosemite is still on my bucket list.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never been, but it's one of my brother's favourite places. He's a rock climber.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

From our trip a few weeks ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my bucket list also.

A woman who works in our SF office is there camping and fishing this week with her husband. She was telling me the other day that their kids never took to camping when they were younger, but now that they are college age and doing their own things, they can finally take this trip that they have been wanting to do for years.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the must-see places in the U.S. I saw it for the first time last year.

The year before that I had one day on a business trip that I had planned to take my dad to see it. We were 15 miles away and got into rain. I checked the weather and it called for hazardous conditions because of the rain - so we drove the Pacific Coast Highway. That was nice, I spent some time looking for cyclists to run off the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Yosemite [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
https://youtu.be/rpeT7A9scd8

From our trip a few weeks ago.

Awesome vid

What an amazing day. Started at glacier point and then into the valley.

Was with my kids and somewhat mobility challenged parents so no hiking but the scenery was absolutely spectacular.

I'm definitely coming back and will hit the trails hard.

Incredible place.
Quote Reply
Re: Yosemite [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
The year before that I had one day on a business trip that I had planned to take my dad to see it. We were 15 miles away and got into rain. I checked the weather and it called for hazardous conditions because of the rain

pah. Winter and bad weather is the best time for Yosemite. Keeps the lookie lous at home

First 3 from a November trip. Got 18" of snow overnight. Camped at Upper Pines. Half the sites were vacant, almost no traffic in the valley.
Last shot was late February a couple years earlier, in-laws out to see their last grandbaby, and my wife's dad went to the valley for the first time at 61. I was between the post office and the bus stop in the valley for that shot. There was a flock of mule deer 15 feet in front of me. That doesn't happen in good weather ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Yosemite [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign me up.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested to hear how the kids liked it. Will be shocked if they don't. Unless they have their heads buried in technology all day. Even then, I give it 50/50. Have spent a lot of time there. Still haven't seen 90% the park. Only places that have made my jaw drop more are Glacier and the Dolomites.
Quote Reply
Re: Yosemite [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Interested to hear how the kids liked it. Will be shocked if they don't. Unless they have their heads buried in technology all day. Even then, I give it 50/50. Have spent a lot of time there. Still haven't seen 90% the park. Only places that have made my jaw drop more are Glacier and the Dolomites.

They both said it was the best thing they'd ever seen. They loved it. They were so happy. 14yr old boy and 11yr old girl. It was a great day. My parents from England were astounded. Amazing part of our Nor Cal vacation. Monterrey for two days tomorrow
Quote Reply
Re: Yosemite [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We loved Crater Lake NP too which isn't too terribly far from Yosemite. The scenery and color of the water was amazing. Not to mention, it was July and there was still feet of snow on the ground. The kids played in the snow wearing shorts and flip flops.
Quote Reply
Re: Yosemite [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
We loved Crater Lake NP too which isn't too terribly far from Yosemite. The scenery and color of the water was amazing. Not to mention, it was July and there was still feet of snow on the ground. The kids played in the snow wearing shorts and flip flops.

I've been to Yosemite many times and never heard of Crater Lake NP, but looked it up since you said it isn't too terribly far from Yosemite. I guess if you drove from Florida, what's 500 more miles? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Yosemite [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cholla wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

I've been to Yosemite many times and never heard of Crater Lake NP, but looked it up since you said it isn't too terribly far from Yosemite. I guess if you drove from Florida, what's 500 more miles? ;)

LOL. Good point. Come to think of it, we left Washington and headed to the place we were going to stay for our few days in Yosemite. We drove through Crater Lake NP since it wasn't too terribly far out of the way :) to Yosemite. We left WA (or maybe OR) at 8 AM and got to our cabin around midnight. I guess it isn't quite the little jaunt that I made it out to be.

But, if you're going to be in the Crater Lake area - you need to run to Carlsbad Caverns. It is only a few big states away.
Quote Reply