Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stupid questions at work
Quote | Reply
I work for a publicly traded company. Went ipo a few years ago. CEO/founder is worth a metric shit ton of money.
We have about 2,500 employees, $450 million in annual revenue and our stock is up about 70% this year.
Once a quarter, we have an "all hands" meeting. The day after we release our earnings, the CEO, COO and CFO present to the company. Pretty standard stuff. Some people are live. Some are watching a steam.
At the end, they open it up for questions from everyone.

This was one of the questions that was asked of our CEO:
"When will have have more locally sourced, non-gmo good in the (free) cafeteria at our main locations?"

My answer would have been "you are free to bring your own lunch or go eat wherever the fuck you want. We are tracking towards a billion dollar run rate in the next 3 years. I don't get involved in cafeteria decisions. And if I ever do, the Board should fire me immediately."
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid questions at work [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the kind of question that's more appropriately asked in an email sent to every employee in the company. And then answered by multiple people replying to all.

Some people just have no sense of business etiquette.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were that person's manager - I would be concerned that that person thought that it was something that should be provided by the employer and important enough to ask at that point. (See how many times I used "that" in the previous sentence?) It goes to an entitled mindset and I'm not sure I would want to be relying on that person.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If fire that person.

There's nothing wrong with GMOs.

In fact, GMOs probably save more lives than anti-biotics.

That person is a fucking idiot.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't Mark Twain have something to say about this ...

"It is better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt ..."

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I started reading your post I thought the question would have been, "when are we going to have gender neutral bathrooms..."

So, the question about GMO foods now doesn't seem too bad. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid questions at work [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
As I started reading your post I thought the question would have been, "when are we going to have gender neutral bathrooms..."

So, the question about GMO foods now doesn't seem too bad. :)

Oddly enough, our very large global corporation just finished relocating our division into a newly renovated floor of one our buildings.

Yup, one if the features is the addition of unisex bathrooms.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My answer would have been, "Next question?"

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fucking hate company meetings at any level. There's always a few people who feel it's their time to voice whatever stupid opinion that has nothing to do with the current topic. Also fun are the people who seem to think it's ok to ask question after question about things that pretty much only apply to them. We have one in our office who every meeting our manager has to stop and tel him to save the rest of his questions until we are done and he can have his own 5 min Q and A

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work from home. Next meeting I'm going to ask for a stipend for lunch since I don't get to eat in the cafeteria.
Kidding. No way in hell I want to work in the office. Enjoy your food.
Quote Reply