Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brownlee out [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think with Ali when ITU changed it's world championship format from single day race to "series championship", that put large dent into his desire. Not to not be world champion, but traveling around to different locations every month to race required number of events. Meant more required travel to different locations, and it meant you couldn't just show up anymore and be the best "one day racer" in the world (except for Olympics). He won what 2 world titles, and I think after a while being "forced" to race certain number of series races gets really really old.

That's likely irrelevant to his injury issues but I think one of the pain in asses to him.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Aug 6, 17 10:52
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee out [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone ever find out the injury/surgery need? Was it labrum and FAI?
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee out [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But he only "came of age" in ITU in 2009, the first year of WTS (WCS at that time), so I'm not sure it hurt his desire at all since it's the only racing at the highest level he's known.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee out [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
sciguy wrote:
That's a shame. The willingness and ability to train as hard as he and Jonny do is certainly a double edged sword. It elevates them to wonderful performances but can/has lead to injury as well.

Actually, he clearly doesn't have the ability to train as hard as he does, otherwise he wouldn't be perpetually injured. Less can be more, and I think he could hit those same performances without as much debilitating injury if he (or his coach?) weren't taking such risks

He should probably just scale back on the training and draft more

man, he and his coaches probably feel really silly for not asking your advice.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee out [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to redirect but any word on his actual hip issues?
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee out [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or his recovery progress update?
Quote Reply

Prev Next