Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shkreli guilty [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no Pharmaceuticals in my portfolio. To your other point if I got defrauded I would try and use the law to my advantage. If I made a bad investment I'd suck it up buttercup.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Shkreli guilty [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
stal wrote:
len wrote:
They busted someone who committed corporate fraud. That is good for the markets. Sends a positive message. As far as worrying about the little guy I have more concern for poor people who can't afford good lawyers.

Anyone who is in 'the markets' knows this had nothing to do with the law or the markets. They just learned not to be an overtly arrogant, criminal douchebag. As long as they keep that $hit quiet nobody gets prosecuted or goes to jail. For proof, witness how many bankers are in jail for the laws they broke leading up to the great recession.

Nobody gives a crap about the law unless the mob has a witch to burn. Then "prosecutors" bust it out like a hammer and wield it as (and when) they see fit.

I agree with you Len. Shkreli acted like "an overtly arrogant, criminal douchebag" who thought he was untouchable. Had he just shut up and said nothing he'd probably would have slipped under the radar. I love the fact he's going to jail. I hope he gets screwed the way he tried to screw the people that desperately needed his pharms. I love Karma but it's not just going to bite him in the ass... Bwahahaha. Now that's entertainment!

I remember reading up on him back in the day when all this controversy was big news. I new there was more to the story than what was presented. The focus was all on this one douche and everyone else was all clean in big Pharma.

Shkreli was was basically saying he is a nobody in the the Pharmaceutical industry there are many other drugs out there that cost way more but don't get the notoriety. He deals in rare disease (fewer than 200k patients) drugs they can cost a small fortune to develop and produce with little hope for profit. The one drug Daraprim an older rare disease drug in question was purchased they were the 4th company to have the rights in the US. This drug was losing money and was on the edge of disappearing.
They bought the drug jacked up the price from $13.50 to $750.00.

This so they could give it away to people who couldn't afford it, to make a profit and to fund more very expensive rare drug research.

Without doing this nobody is going to invest in newer rare disease drugs especially lets say that only 200-1000 people needed a special expensive drug or they will die.
This is the world in the rare drug research his company makes like a dozen different drugs.

He claims about 2000 patients use Daraprim 600 pay full price through their insurance and 1400 get it for free.

Something never mentioned by the media.

I don't know anything about the corporate fraud stuff.
Quote Reply

Prev Next