Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Typical [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
I agree that the US fleet average rules are flawed, but also there need to be more stringent emissions controls on light and heavy trucks, but the car manufacturers wield too much power in Washington for that to happen. And now Trump's EPA is pandering to them even more.

I do agree that (American made) pickup trucks are ridiculously huge. I'm 6'2 and need a step ladder to reach over the side of a Silverado truck bed wall.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Typical [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
I agree that the US fleet average rules are flawed, but also there need to be more stringent emissions controls on light and heavy trucks, but the car manufacturers wield too much power in Washington for that to happen. And now Trump's EPA is pandering to them even more.

I do agree that (American made) pickup trucks are ridiculously huge. I'm 6'2 and need a step ladder to reach over the side of a Silverado truck bed wall.

What I don't understand is why we can't buy the pickups available in Asia and Europe. Pretty sure anywhere else in the world you can buy a smaller pick up, like a Nissan frontier, with a 3 something litre diesel engine that you can actually throw a half ton worth of stuff in to the back of.

Payload of most half ton sized pick ups available in North America is really low, for the size of the vehicle.

Welcome back!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
If it fails the test and the cost to repair exceeds a certain amount you get an exemption.

Here in the democratic peoples republic of Maryland, if the car is past a certain age (20yrs) you don't even have to test emissions and the car only has to be inspected when its first purchased.

I was pissed when my wife made me get rid of my old 88 POS camry. Sure the electrical system would completely konk out randomly and you could see through parts of the floorboard, but damn that car was good on gas!
Last edited by: nhunter344: Aug 2, 17 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: Typical [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

What I don't understand is why we can't buy the pickups available in Asia and Europe. Pretty sure anywhere else in the world you can buy a smaller pick up, like a Nissan frontier, with a 3 something litre diesel engine that you can actually throw a half ton worth of stuff in to the back of.

Payload of most half ton sized pick ups available in North America is really low, for the size of the vehicle.

Welcome back!

For us it's the chicken tax. For you it might be an economy of scale. We can't have em so you can't either.

CAFE is a horrible system. Lots of people would be happy if we could standardize emmissions, safety, and economy worldwide. Most would be happy if we just standardized North America and the EU.
Quote Reply
Re: Typical [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or us it's the chicken tax.

I remember there were even small VW pickups being imported in the 80's. And the Subaru Brat with seats in the bed was one way around the import rules.

But now the US is allowing chicken imported from China. WTF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Welcome back!

You can blame it all California and our insistence on low sulfur diesel and Blue DEF.

Toyota was going to sell diesel Tundras in the us but then CA went looney tunes.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Welcome back!

You can blame it all California and our insistence on low sulfur diesel and Blue DEF.

Toyota was going to sell diesel Tundras in the us but then CA went looney tunes.

I remember talk of a diesel tundra.

Is CA selling the new diesel Titan xd?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Supposedly. I've never seen one.

It's a Cummins engine so why not just get a big ol' Murican truck?

Besides, Nissan sucks ass.

The Toyota was supposed to be a fucking Toyota. No dice because they can meet Toyota performance and reliability standards while complying with CA diesel particulates restrictions.

Those restrictions were put in place based on a fraudulent study conducted by a fraudulent person. And a UC professor was fired for exposing the fraud. I probably shouldn't say anymore considering what's happening to me right now...

http://reason.com/...for-firing-over-dies

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been very happy with my Nissan Titan. I abuse it for work daily, and it hasn't let me down. It lacks for creature comforts and interior styling compared to the tundra, but, I got a barely used one for $20k less then a comparable tundra would cost so... Fuck interior styling!

All in all, fantastic vehicle.

Re: why not get a big ol murican truck because the titan has a Cummins engine?

When was the last time your truck gave you a headache because of engine specific problems? I've owned Toyota, Ford, Nissan, and Chevy trucks. None of the engines failed me. The Nissan and Toyota were vastly Superior to their domestic counterparts in almost every single other way.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a 2006 F-350 dsl that blew up.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

Quote Reply

Prev Next