Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Crossfit Games meet IM Training Camps [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
kiwi. wrote:
markbrown wrote:
I agree, "fitness" can be defined in so many ways. Put the top 10 crossfit games competitors into an Ironman event and see how they stack up. HaHa!

I'd be interested to see how the top 10 ironmaners would do in the crossfit games. Other than the obvious events I imagine there'd be a few they couldn't finish, or start.

Yeah if you took that top 10 crossfit athletes vs the top ten Kona ironman athletes. I would put money on more cross fitters could complete the ironman versus ironman athletes complete/start all the events at the crossfit games.

This comparison is not valid. Making the pro Ironman athletes complete the crossfit events with the pro crossfiters weights, is like making pro crossfitters complete the ironman as fast as pro IM athletes. And I can guarantee that not a single crossfitter will go sub 8 on any course.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit Games meet IM Training Camps [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuy wrote:
CU427 wrote:
kiwi. wrote:
markbrown wrote:
I agree, "fitness" can be defined in so many ways. Put the top 10 crossfit games competitors into an Ironman event and see how they stack up. HaHa!

I'd be interested to see how the top 10 ironmaners would do in the crossfit games. Other than the obvious events I imagine there'd be a few they couldn't finish, or start.

Yeah if you took that top 10 crossfit athletes vs the top ten Kona ironman athletes. I would put money on more cross fitters could complete the ironman versus ironman athletes complete/start all the events at the crossfit games.

This comparison is not valid. Making the pro Ironman athletes complete the crossfit events with the pro crossfiters weights, is like making pro crossfitters complete the ironman as fast as pro IM athletes. And I can guarantee that not a single crossfitter will go sub 8 on any course.

Right, but thats not what I said though.

I was talking about the ability to complete and start events.

Even if the weights for Ironman athletes were adjusted, many would not be able to snatch more than maybe 65lbs, etc.

I am not comparing, but rather saying who could complete/start more than the other.

Is one athlete going to compete at the peak level of the others, of course not.

Is one athlete have more capable of starting/completing the other athletes event? Most likely.
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit Games meet IM Training Camps [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering why hotels were so expensive this weekend. I was planning on riding the loop on sunday and even motel 6 was expensive.

I'll just wake up earlier and do the 2 hr drive from chicagoland.
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit Games meet IM Training Camps [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuy wrote:
coredump wrote:
We did have fun at dinner and walking around the capitol area playing "Triathlete or Crossfitter?".

Easy, crossfitters are the fittest on earth so they shouldn't be hard to identify.

I watched a documentary about the cross fit games on Netflix this last week. My 2 conclusions:
1. It seems crossfit is the national sport of Iceland
2. The only thing "clean" about the crossfit games is their diet!

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply

Prev Next