Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BSX Athletics [stefa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stefa wrote:
BSX Insight ... one of my "lessons" with sports electronis. I could have spent the money so much wiser.

I also went through v1 and then to v2. Still waiting for all the great promises BSX had made, none of them became reality. Only this hydration kickstarter email. I would have never backed them again. Not after my experiences with the Insight.

I've given up that they would reintroduce a proper AeT estimate (which was basically the main reason for getting an Insight). According to BSX users were too dumb to do step tests properly, that's why they dropped it (silently).

I've given up that they would provide more information on how to use SmO2 in training. Instead they announced the great partnership with Matt Fitzgerald. you can get generic training plans totally unrelated to SmO2. That's all. Apart from that silence for a long time. I actually don't know if the device-website-interaction still works, haven't used this little useless device for a very long time.

So much learned with this.

I still works(device/website).. although it's been a month since I've used it myself. Yeah agreed on not being 100% sure on how to use the info...right not it basically told me how long I really need to warm up, like before a TT or something. I found that a little useful.

Other then that - another gadget collecting dust most of the time.
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [stefa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking to unload it?

I just need the lactate testing function for the next 11 months. Don't care that it's toast this time next year. Fire me a PM if you wanna discuss.
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same as my message to stefa above, I'd be interested in picking up a bsx for the lactate test. Fire me a PM if you're looking to unload your BSX.
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [timujin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've posted a new update on Kickstarter ("We're listening"). Anyone who backed able to post it here?

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mortysct wrote:
They've posted a new update on Kickstarter ("We're listening"). Anyone who backed able to post it here?

They have not... 8/18 is the latest update "we're listening" is a video update

I'm more worried about the BSXInsight site and app ceasing to exist...
Last edited by: spntrxi: Sep 3, 17 11:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We got a "september update". Anyone care to share?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump. I pre-ordered through their site and cant read the kickstarter updates.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mortysct wrote:
We got a "september update". Anyone care to share?

Cliff Notes Version :

working on smaller platform.. video shows some huge thing attached to wrist gathering data.
validating protocols
real world testing
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Latest info here:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/10/bsx-insight-lvl-hydration-sensor.html
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [trihugger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great... gonna have to start the chargeback
Last edited by: spntrxi: Oct 10, 17 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [timujin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are great at raising $$$ on kickstarter then they are nonresponsive. I 'donated' for the LT project as I thought that was a great concept. It arrived when I was in the midst of a big move which interrupted training, then I got injured etc.

So I went to use it this summer, won't charge nada. Tried to contact customer service got ONE response asking for my order number, which I have no clue - responded that I was one of the orginal backers and over a month later nothing - crickets.

So I spent hundreds for NOTHING. Not even one LT test out of it. And I have 2 half ironman races for next season and clearly starting from a different place.

Oh well field testing will have to do.

Really disappointed.
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO, BSX had some good ideas but their leadership/execution was absolutely atrocious.
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone get email today to get refund on LVL hydration or roll forward the $$s to the upcoming product release??

I really wanted the hydration monitor, but think I’d prefer an Apple Watch for sleep monitoring ... or just my $$ back since I don’t trust they’ll actually ship after 2+ years :)
Quote Reply
Re: BSX Athletics [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
Anyone get email today to get refund on LVL hydration or roll forward the $$s to the upcoming product release??

I really wanted the hydration monitor, but think I’d prefer an Apple Watch for sleep monitoring ... or just my $$ back since I don’t trust they’ll actually ship after 2+ years :)

The company that took them over is pretty small as well.. so I also decided on the refund. Would love to have the device, but I just don't trust them anymore....after what 3 years+
Quote Reply

Prev Next