Login required to post replies

East Stroudsburg, PA Peeps - need a place to ride / run
Quote | Reply
I'll be visiting some family evidently staying at:
Penn Estates in East Stroudsburg.

This is the address for the Welcome Center:
525 Estate Dr, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301

https://goo.gl/maps/EbvfeGeXbF62

Any good rides or runs in that area (ridewithgps routes or Strava)?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: East Stroudsburg, PA Peeps - need a place to ride / run [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump ........... and then I'll just map my own. Just trying to find a known SAFE, enjoyable route 1st.
Quote Reply
Re: East Stroudsburg, PA Peeps - need a place to ride / run [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can get to the Delaware Water Gap, rt 209 through the park is an excellent ride. Sorry I can't be much more help then that though.
Quote Reply
Re: East Stroudsburg, PA Peeps - need a place to ride / run [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
If you can get to the Delaware Water Gap, rt 209 through the park is an excellent ride. Sorry I can't be much more help then that though.

One of my favorite roads in the Poconos. Perfect uninterrupted rolling road along the river. Check out the old Poconos 70.3 course for the map
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to you both!!
I'll take a look!
Quote Reply
Re: East Stroudsburg, PA Peeps - need a place to ride / run [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is what I have come up with ......................
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23806226
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Route 209 at the Delaware Water Gap .........
Is there a pretty "good" shoulder to bike this road?
I just read on the Bushkill Falls site to "avoid" Rt 209 because it's heavily traveled.
I'm out of town and planned on riding it tomorrow.
Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
Route 209 at the Delaware Water Gap .........
Is there a pretty "good" shoulder to bike this road?
I just read on the Bushkill Falls site to "avoid" Rt 209 because it's heavily traveled.
I'm out of town and planned on riding it tomorrow.
Thanks!!!

The route you designed isn't good. That's going to take you on business / local 209 and while I doubt it's super dangerous it SUCKS to ride on. Here's what you do roughly

-Thanks Wigwams Park south to Schaeffers Schoolhouse (this gets you across 80)
-Hickory Lane to Hickory Valley to Turkey Hill Rd
-Turkey Hill to Cherry Valley
-Cherry Valley east to the water gap
-Broad St to River rd
-River Rd all the way east to 209
-209 east until you want to turn around
-Back the same way

You can also take Quiet Valley Rd instead of winding around Turkey Hill to Cherry Valley, but I can't remember how quality thAt road is surface wise. I've ridden it though
Quote Reply
Re: East Stroudsburg, PA Peeps - need a place to ride / run [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK- great!
Thanks. I'll take a look at that.
Plan on heading out early in the a.m.
Cheers!
Quote Reply