Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Financial/Real Estate Questions [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Good luck with that. Hopefully nothing serious.
Thank you, she is about to get hooked up for long term ekg monitoring to see what happens.

She has already had a ton of bloodwork, urine test, head xray, chest xray, lp drain and now been closely monitored for almost 12 hrs with no results as of yet.

We might be having to get an mri to help locate the problem depending on the ekg results.
Quote Reply
Re: Financial/Real Estate Questions [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140.6sj wrote:
ohanapecosh wrote:
I would pay off your credit card debt and car loans before buying. I would also wait to buy until you can put 20% down. You have 5 years to make that happen if you have an infant.
Credit debt is at 0%, but either way it's amazing how things change. We now have no idea how much of a change we are in for until Dr's figure things out. We have been at Nationwide Childrens hospital since 9am on 8-1 with our daughter having seizures. Currently on a neurology floor being monitored, tons of tests already with no cause yet.

sorry to hear that.....hopefully they figure it out d soon
Quote Reply
Re: Financial/Real Estate Questions [ohanapecosh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty solid advice here. 1 car loan wouldn't be bad but you want the CC balance gone, and the 20% down.

I just bought about 1.5 years ago and my deal to myself was - have 20% down. I had no CC debt and my car was paid off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending lots of healing vibes to your daughter!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a good resource:

https://www.bogleheads.org/

It's kind of like this forum, but well behaved and finance-focused.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Financial/Real Estate Questions [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
This is a good resource:

https://www.bogleheads.org/

It's kind of like this forum, but well behaved and finance-focused.
So no fun? Lol

As far as our daughter, no news yet, no episodes sonce 7 last night either. We might have to do an mri to get a better idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Financial/Real Estate Questions [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not think 20% is enough weighed against payments, cost of ownership, changes in market. You could be wiped out and lose your home for any number of reasons, its a false sense of security relative to keeping that money set aside, renting and buying later

How long to save another 20%

I say this from the perspective of having had a series of "life" events this last 18 months and 20% down on a property and 6 months salary in the bank and i'd have lost the property

If the OP wants to build. Land will always be there.

Being pressured to own a home because its expected with a low down payment seems to increase risks you can not mitigate. Literally; once you own it, you own it.

Last 18 months i've had apartment burn down and had to pay mortgage and am still waiting insurance settlement, flood in house - could not make it up (fire and water), lost job and some other fun one off expenses. I have gone as close to the cash flow indebtedness edge i ever want to and 20% down might have pushed me over the proverbial edge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How old is she? You certainly have my sympathies. I can't even imagine...

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Financial/Real Estate Questions [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
How old is she? You certainly have my sympathies. I can't even imagine...
She will be 3 months on friday

It is definitely heartbreaking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds as if we are getting discharged today, nothing abnormal on eeg or any of the other tests. So no real answers as to what happened. Hopefully it was a freak thing that doesnt happen again.
Quote Reply

Prev Next