Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,...
Quote | Reply
What the fuck? One guy gets fired, another hired, non-stop coverage to the exclusion of everything else in the country or world for hours on end. You'd think nothing happened with health-care, Russian response sanctions, N.Korean missile launches, troops deployments in Brazil, riots in Venezuela, terrorist attacks in Hamburg, etc, etc.

Certainly the 24hr news networks can't possibly really think that the entire country cares this much about a couple of guys working in the very insular world of Washington D.C.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always knew you were a Trump ball washer.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
What the fuck? One guy gets fired, another hired, non-stop coverage to the exclusion of everything else in the country or world for hours on end. You'd think nothing happened with health-care, Russian response sanctions, N.Korean missile launches, troops deployments in Brazil, riots in Venezuela, terrorist attacks in Hamburg, etc, etc.

Certainly the 24hr news networks can't possibly really think that the entire country cares this much about a couple of guys working in the very insular world of Washington D.C.

I don't care about those folks in D.C. and I haven't since about 2015. They all deserve each other.

And you're right: Whoa Fat in Pyongyang is working as hard as he can to develop an ICBM and a nuke small enough to fit on it (he should have an ICBM in about a year, according to latest intel) and he keeps test-launching missiles that are landing perilously close to the Japanese mainland, those religious nutcakes in Tehran just launched a satellite into space, demonstrating that they're getting better at rocketry (and if that's not foreboding, I don't know what is), Brazil and Venezuela appear more unstable and unhappy than ever, and yet another religious loony tune runs riot in a Hamburg supermarket, screaming "ALLAH AKBAR!" while stabbing people left and right. Sheesh.

But we're supposed to care more about who's getting fired from what job over at Orange-Haired Wonder Central? Count me out, sir.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to digging my bomb and fallout shelter in the backyard... ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   It's a lot bigger than one day, one staff change...this is Trump's continued meltdown and a WH "under siege". The narrative is what matters to the media, and, unfortunately, Trump seems always ready to help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hear hear!
Quote Reply
Re: Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,... [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
It's a lot bigger than one day, one staff change...this is Trump's continued meltdown and a WH "under siege". The narrative is what matters to the media, and, unfortunately, Trump seems always ready to help.

Even if that's true, it's not the only damn thing going on in the world. I find it hard to believe that anyone but those completely wrapped up in a pro or anti-Trump vortex, or those who work in D.C. itself cares about this.

To the extent that 24hr news networks are even still focused on the news, it's as if they are completely focused on the local D.C. soap opera, to the exclusion of actual news.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Last edited by: slowguy: Jul 28, 17 18:34
Quote Reply
Re: Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

He lives
Quote Reply
Re: Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,... [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:

I think it's what matters to the media consumer too. The media isn't forcing us to read this stuff. We can't get enough. And it's entertaining. As someone here pointed out, it's Game of Thrones without the dragons and boobs. Media companies have to pay the bills too. Slowguy News Corp. that focused "real news" would go out of business in weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dave_w wrote:

I think it's what matters to the media consumer too. The media isn't forcing us to read this stuff. We can't get enough. And it's entertaining. As someone here pointed out, it's Game of Thrones without the dragons and boobs. Media companies have to pay the bills too. Slowguy News Corp. that focused "real news" would go out of business in weeks.
Start a thread in the LR, "Troop deployments in Brazil" and see how many responses that gets compared to the "Scaramucci vs Priebus" thread.

The LR posters are a little more worldly than your average American, but even here some topics just have more sizzle.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,... [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Duffy wrote:

He lives

Was he away??
Quote Reply
Re: Apparently nothing else happened in the world today,... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Who the fuck are you, and what have you done with Chorizo Blanco?

Good to see you back in the cesspool with the rest of us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed.

And we apparently just sold $4B worth of missiles to Romania. What's Vlad going to think about that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Welcome back; you were missed!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the permanent Trump Hysteria Disorder in the mainstream media and much of the left. They are so overcome by THD it's all they focus on. And Trump feeds the hysteria. Those with THD need a daily fix and Trump obliges. Nothing else in the world matters as long as they can get their fix.

It's doubtful Trump or any of the rest of the Washington crowd is going to do anything meaningful any time soon.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I thought it was pretty obvious. Those are news events in other countries. Are you trying to apply for Canadian citizenship?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
;-)

[/url]

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why you little.....

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

Sadly, the media no longer just reports the news but rather looks for entertainment value and the Trump show is providing plenty of that.
Quote Reply