Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen?
Quote | Reply
Strangely hypnotic.

Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bullshit. Palpatine can just issue Order 66 and a bunch of clones can take out all the Jedi.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Strangely hypnotic.

Very interesting. I used to play real time strategy games. Flanking is the key strategic element in those fights. The footmen just sit there and pile up waiting to fight for the most part. If the game's AI allowed them to surround the opponent rather than wait they would do much better. The same goes for the jedi. The jedi can't afford for any of them to get separated from the main jedi group, or they'll get surrounded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about the answer to that question more than I probably should be. How much training can 5 year olds actually absorb in hand to hand combat? These are serious questions to be answered.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
I'm thinking about the answer to that question more than I probably should be. How much training can 5 year olds actually absorb in hand to hand combat? These are serious questions to be answered.

Yeah me too. How hard can a 5 year old kick? If these are typical 5 year olds, then the adult man could probably easily intimidate them and scare them, and as 5 year olds they probably couldn't come up with any sort of coordinated strategy to use their number advantage.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But on the other side, if you had enough kids then the sheer volume of humanity would immobilize you eventually. You would suffocate under them, probably.

But it just requires a large number of kids, and not trained/coordinated attacks. Truly, this is a question for the ages.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
But on the other side, if you had enough kids then the sheer volume of humanity would immobilize you eventually. You would suffocate under them, probably.

But it just requires a large number of kids, and not trained/coordinated attacks. Truly, this is a question for the ages.

Yeah but that's assuming 5 year olds can muster the courage of an adult. You crack the first couple of bold ones' noggins, make yourself fierce and I suspect 99% of them would be looking for a corner to hide in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess foot soldiers have some kind of suicidal creed that only allows them to attack Jedi's when- the Jedi is ready, face to face, never from the side or from behind them.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Jedi also employ no strategy, and they swing awfully slowly.

Some of the other videos I've seen (like Santa vs snowmen) are pretty funny, too. My son wants to get a copy of the software now.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Bullshit. Palpatine can just issue Order 66 and a bunch of clones can take out all the Jedi.

That scene made the Jedi seem like kids with flashlights, but then Ray, with no training, takes on Kylo Ren in the last movie.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Yeah me too. How hard can a 5 year old kick? If these are typical 5 year olds, then the adult man could probably easily intimidate them and scare them, and as 5 year olds they probably couldn't come up with any sort of coordinated strategy to use their number advantage.

I have a six year old and he can hit you hard enough that it will hurt but it's not a significant strike. Plus, it would be impossible to keep the kids focused on hand to hand training for an entire day. At five it was hard for my boy to make it through a 45min jiu jitsu class.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
This reminded me of one of the epic discussion threads of internet lore:

http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/...p;fpart=all&vc=1

That thread just sucked me in and wouldn't let go. Hilarious. As good as the famous Craigslist post for "yoga mat, used once." Google it if you aren't familiar.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would win in combat? 300 Jedi or 60,000 medieval footmen? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read the "yoga mat" post.
Thank you for the laugh. I needed that today.
Quote Reply