Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Find me the right Centerlock spine tool
Quote | Reply
that assumes a thru axle. that thru axle is what's counfounding me. it sticks up and interferes with the spline tool before the splines key into the centerlock ring (shimano's disc brake standard).

can somebody show me the tool i want, a link to it?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Find me the right Centerlock spine tool [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thru axle centerlock requires a different lockring that is tightened by an external cup BB tool. Like the park tool BBT-9 referenced in their post below.

http://www.parktool.com/...p/#article-section-1

Centerlock lockrings
https://www.universalcycles.com/...details.php?id=84026
Quote Reply
Re: Find me the right Centerlock spine tool [officespaced] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is going on a 12mm axle. Lock ring has exactly the same spline as a cassette lock ring.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
which hubs are you using? I'm assuming it is the new front 12x100 mm road / gravel standard w/ 12x142 rear?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spect. It's a profile wheel set so whatever hubs. I can just change end caps on the axles to go from qr to thru 12mm

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
that assumes a thru axle. that thru axle is what's counfounding me. it sticks up and interferes with the spline tool before the splines key into the centerlock ring (shimano's disc brake standard).

can somebody show me the tool i want, a link to it?

Check out the Abbey Bike Tools Crombie. There is now a dual sided thru axle version, but I think the original dual sided tool had longer splines too.

Jason just started offering a saddle angle and height measurement tool that may interest you as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The profile product pages lists the front hub as being compatible with qr, 12mm, and 15mm thru axles. It should use the BB splined lockring since the axle adapter will prevent the standard lockring with cassette splines from engaging. The BB style lockring fits the same centerlock standard but it just changes the tool interface to work with the larger thru axle ends.

The standard cassette style lockring will work with the QR adapter but won't with the 12 mm or 15 mm thru axle adapters. Maybe Profile didn't include both sets of lockrings to go with the hub adapters.

Chris King R45 centerlock hubs use the Shimano Y26N98030/ Chris King#PHB355 Lockring for their 12mm thru axles front/rear.

https://chrisking.com/.../4/r45d-addendum.pdf

Profile can probably sort this out. Hope this helped.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
officespaced wrote:
The profile product pages lists the front hub as being compatible with qr, 12mm, and 15mm thru axles. It should use the BB splined lockring since the axle adapter will prevent the standard lockring with cassette splines from engaging. The BB style lockring fits the same centerlock standard but it just changes the tool interface to work with the larger thru axle ends.

The standard cassette style lockring will work with the QR adapter but won't with the 12 mm or 15 mm thru axle adapters. Maybe Profile didn't include both sets of lockrings to go with the hub adapters.

Chris King R45 centerlock hubs use the Shimano Y26N98030/ Chris King#PHB355 Lockring for their 12mm thru axles front/rear.

https://chrisking.com/.../4/r45d-addendum.pdfi

Profile can probably sort this out. Hope this helped.

This
Quote Reply
Re: Find me the right Centerlock spine tool [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My older Shimano cassette tool will fit the internal type, but Parks ones will not.
The Shimano one is very thin walled and the splines have a slight taper to ease engagement.
Quote Reply