Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Triathlon Post on marathoninvestigations
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Another Triathlon Post on marathoninvestigations [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, Jack Caress... what a solid, up front guy. The kind of guy the sport of triathlon needs to build itself back up from the current slump.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Triathlon Post on marathoninvestigations [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow- note here is the link original story:

https://californiatriathlon.org/...1-2017-buyer-beware/

Quote:
I was recently in NYC and had a chance to connect with a members of the Brooklyn Triathlon Club who were relaying how upset they were when the Brooklyn Triathlon was cancelled both times it was scheduled. If you click that link you actually see a picture a Cal Tri athlete a few years ago racing at the LA Triathlon in Torrance. As luck would have it, the 2016 LA Triathlon at Torrance was cancelled as well. The common theme? Pacific Sports LLC. Pacific Sports events include Long Beach Triathlon & Newport Beach Triathlon.
California Triathlon has several members who have signed up for the 2017 Newport Beach Triathlon on October 1, 2017. It is advertised as being held at the Newport Dunes Resort & Marina. I reached out to the Newport Dunes Resort & Marina to confirm that everything was in place for this year’s race and was gobsmacked with the response below from Brian Ross, Executive Director, Newport Dunes Resort & Marina. Brian refers to “Water Sports” when he actually means “Pacific Sports”. Copied on the note to me were Jack Caress, Sam Renouf and Andrew Wright from Active and USA Triathlon President Barry Siff. Active processes the payments and USAT would be the sanctioning body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2017/07/race-organizer-triathlon-newport-beach.html

This Jack Caress and his problems have been documented on this site before, probably under Newport Triathlon.

I found this to be very interesting:

I also am left to wonder what role Active.com should take. I am not saying that they are at fault for the cancellations. But at what point do they have a responsibility to cut ties with a company that has a history of canceling or postponing events?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw that and thought maybe perhaps Derek finally discovered slowtwitch given it has been covered here multiple times in the past few years.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2017/07/race-organizer-triathlon-newport-beach.html

Good reason for Visa/Mastercard to create some policy about dollars used for purchases for events way out in the future. Maybe even distribute funds on some sort of payment schedule.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Another Triathlon Post on marathoninvestigations [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's feasible...just start think about airfare purchases for example...often made with the same advance timelines.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Triathlon Post on marathoninvestigations [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I don't think that's feasible...just start think about airfare purchases for example...often made with the same advance timelines.

Was thinking just for transactions in the category "events" or maybe even if they had many prior attempted chargebacks or something they could flag the company. I am sure it could be done. The payers/processors are the ones that have the opportunity and incentive to nip this in the bud and stand up for consumers. Will it happen. Probably not.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I also am left to wonder what role Active.com should take. I am not saying that they are at fault for the cancellations. But at what point do they have a responsibility to cut ties with a company that has a history of canceling or postponing events?

Well, Active.com sucks, so ...

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply