Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who else is sick of marathonrunner?
Quote | Reply
The guy is clearly a no talent, and I understand he has amazing girly legs and that may change his perspective. But still... I am just not getting his jokester or girly leg antics. Would love to see him be a little more serious and competitive a little more frequently on the bike path.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heh, in fairness he's managed to keep people responding. I'm enjoying my popcorn while reading along. I this guy passed me on a bike path I would certainly call him out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked in the earlier days where Dan required a few podium finishes on the bike path before you earned a membership and user name here on the site. I remember training all winter to earn the title of JT_Dennen. Hell couldn't even get fruit snacks without a few podiums.
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RonanIRL wrote:
heh, in fairness he's managed to keep people responding. I'm enjoying my popcorn while reading along. I this guy passed me on a bike path I would certainly call him out.

And I honestly wonder why..
Last edited by: jakesdk: Jul 27, 17 8:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to see him go. 'H2O Fun' should not be the only one here stirring up the crowd.
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marathonrunner's posts in the Lavender Room were particularly fun.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Sorry to see him go. 'H2O Fun' should not be the only one here stirring up the crowd.

He won't go. Just like the Lavender room thread he got pummeled in he'll keep coming back to troll for awhile.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe he can ask whatever triathlon related questions he wants, as long as he is respectful of others.

We are free to ignore him, or to reply to his questions...

My 2 cents...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who? (clearly out of the loop, and doesn't care to be in the loop from sounds of things)
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
madmax231 wrote:
We are free to ignore him, ...

There's a button for that, if you need help

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

Nah, I do not want competition. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I had a previous thread locked because I singled out a specific poster in the forum by the title- not this person, but anyway... just letting you know, if you don't know already or even care, where this may eventually lead...

"There are two ways to slide easily through life- to believe everything and to doubt everything- both ways save us from thinking "- Korzbyski
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [newguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newguy wrote:
So, I had a previous thread locked because I singled out a specific poster in the forum by the title- not this person, but anyway... just letting you know, if you don't know already or even care, where this may eventually lead...

i don't care

and it's a completely troll thread. i copied and pasted from the "who's sick of taylor phinney?" thread

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Nah, I do not want competition. :)

Dave, he's getting pummeled for different reasons; and at the moment, taking a far greater beating. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [newguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newguy wrote:

The difference is that you started a thread that was serious in nature about a real person who goes by their true name and happens to not actually be a troll, just an asshole.

This here is a satirical thread about the best new actual troll in triathlon (and one of the finest in triathlon internets history, in my opinion).

Big difference. This thread shall stand.
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you're an administrator now? And, I disagree, you can't help but be a troll and an asshole.

"There are two ways to slide easily through life- to believe everything and to doubt everything- both ways save us from thinking "- Korzbyski
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your adulation of him above almost definitively confirms my suspicion that marathonrunner is the new Pubes. Pink...kind of maybe.
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If not, the irony of it all is so multileveled that it borders on stupidity. Guy creates an alter-ego, alter-ego trolls, alter-ego gets banned, "real guy" makes triumphant return as an expert of sorts, real guy becomes second alter-ego, real guy defends alter-ego to another guy who attempts to publicly call him out, guy who calls him out gets warned by administrators, "real guy" acts like administrator... what a circle jerk...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss EggplantOG, always put a smile on my face.

Where's Eggy now?

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
I miss EggplantOG, always put a smile on my face.

Where's Eggy now?

I also miss him (her?) deeply. Where would we be without posts like this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That post still brings a smile to my face. Classic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:
The guy is clearly a no talent, and I understand he has amazing girly legs and that may change his perspective. But still... I am just not getting his jokester or girly leg antics. Would love to see him be a little more serious and competitive a little more frequently on the bike path.

Hey man I have bigger problems: I just put Di2 on my mountain bike but I'm still can't hang with guys on descents. I think it's my wheels. They're too heavy. Maybe a set of Enve's will change the game for me.

I don't know if he's trolling or not. At first it seemed like a guy who really liked tri gear even if he didn't know much about it and that's fine. I tried to answer his questions honestly and in a helpful manner.

I'll admit, once the "808s are slowing me down on the bike path" comments came out I stepped away.... mainly because I'm 90% sure I know where this guy rides and 808s on that trail.... not an optimum choice. Let's just say DarkSpeedWork's monster-cross bike is the appropriate bike if you want to train on that trail.

I haven't seen him be rude or disrespectful to anyone, he's generally polite, and often says "thank you" so I say carry on.
Quote Reply
Re: Who else is sick of marathonrunner? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm being a bore, but spanners like that just f*ck up forums. Interesting threads descend into puerile slanging matches and get locked. Not so much on here, which is good, but other forums.
Quote Reply