Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo riders; seatpost position???????
Quote | Reply
  With my new interrest in the importance or unimportance of seat tube angle, I have to ask you, Cervelo riders, which way you have your bicycles set up? Since you have the option, do you set your seat post forward or rearward. All the Cervelo ads I see have it rearward. Which way is yours set? And what angle do you think your seat is at? Thanks.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Jan 5, 04 17:19
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo riders; seatpost position??????? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have my seat in the forward position with the seat about 2/3 of the way forward and the nose of the saddle about 2 in infront of the bb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be forward, but at your next tri walk around and have a look at the Cervelos. Last time I did it seemed about 50/50 with forward/rear. I've even seen P2K's set up as road bikes with drop bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My seatpost head is forward and the saddle is all the way forward on the rails. The nose of the saddle is 2cm in front of the BB which, according to Dan's chart, puts me at about 80 degrees effective seat angle at my saddle height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here is my P3.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Last edited by: jasonogk: Jan 5, 04 21:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried it both ways for several miles. When I find the best (most comfortable) way for me and measure the actual seat tip to stem it is about the same. With the post forward I slide the seat all the way back. With the post back I slide the seat all the way forward. Go figure :~)

Aloha,

Larry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seat post forward and seat 3/4 forward on the rails, would be fairly steep. Tried it a number of different postions (post and seat rails) but found steep is faster and overall more comfortable, at least for me.

Re: Cervelo riders; seatpost position??????? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate you, Jason. That is just f@^$ing beautiful.

Dave Albert, CSCS
Montréal

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
forward position, angle between 78 and 80 degrees
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a dissenting view, when I had a Cervelo P2, i ran it in the rearward position, with the saddle all the way back. I also used Cinelli Angel bars, set as low as possible (the pads were less than an inch above the headset). I had some really good TT's on that bike, but trying to run off of it, OUCH. So I sold it and bought a Klein.

I also had the Zipps. Sweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forward position. Tip of the saddle is also in front of the BB. I'm guessing my relative position is right around 80 degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own a soloist so its most time rear, yet foward for TRI's
Quote Reply