Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

De Soto top worth $140?
Quote | Reply
I am looking to keep cool while racing but debating if $140 is the ticket...

What are your thoughts on the De Soto Skin Cooler Full Zip Tri Top Short Sleeve? Mostly looking for if the cooling affect is actually worth the $140....
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto top worth $140? [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great tri top. See if you can snag a discount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They often have discount codes you can find.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto top worth $140? [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where would one look?
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto top worth $140? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you so happy with it? How well does it keep you cool? Appreciate your feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that the owner of the company posts on here. Search for De Soto and I bet he has posted in the threads. He might even show up here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine and have two pairs. What size are you? I have an extra (Large) sitting at home that was too small if you're interested. Never worn and still in the bag from shipping.

Colin

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SwizBeats wrote:
I am looking to keep cool while racing but debating if $140 is the ticket...

What are your thoughts on the De Soto Skin Cooler Full Zip Tri Top Short Sleeve? Mostly looking for if the cooling affect is actually worth the $140....

I have one and love it. I personally own the older model and just this morning ordered the newest model. The newest model has more cooling technology than the one that I currently have so I'm looking forward to trying it out myself. I can say that I do know that the Skin Cooler 90 fabric DOES work.

I know the $140 price tag may seem steep. I used to buy the most inexpensive tri gear I could find. I can tell you that the De Soto stuff is extremely well made. And, IF, you happen to have a problem they are extremely responsive in dealing with any issue that you may have. [I was an early adopter of the "tri fli" technology they have on some of their tri shorts. I had a bit of a problem with the fabric and De Soto took the shorts back and did a custom repair. I didn't want to get rid of the shorts...I wanted them to work for me. And that's exactly what De Soto did. When I wear my De Soto gear, I feel like it's something I invested in and love to wear.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto top worth $140? [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, their CS is second to none. I got a zipper on a full sleeve top fixed to a different type after I was having problems with it splitting. Absolutely no issues getting it done

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the short answer is yes, it's worth it, but i bought my skincoolers when they were on sale...the wings saved me at lp this past sunday:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one of the tops. I really like it. Keeps me cool in the humid east coast heat. I also bought a pair of the tri bibs. They are excellent. I look forward to wearing my DeSoto stuff and the 400 mile bibs are my next purchase.

I may not be fast, but once I get going, it is hard to stop me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto is top of the line and well worth it. Think about how often you would wear it and you will see cost isn't an issue. Sign up for their newsletter as they often have sales on specific items or free gifts with purchase. Any piece of my gear that wears out I replace with DeSoto, check out their reviews on their website- the company does survey after purchasing an item and they post to the website! That level of transperancy drives their customer service to be awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have it and I love it. I often will wear the skin cooler wings or arm cooler sleeves underneath and they really compliment each other well. Fits nice and snug so there is nothing flapping in the wind. Great cooling effect and also sun protective. Highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get 8 years of use out of a $140 top is it worth it? I mean all my Desoto stuff lasts FOREVER!! The only thing for me personally that hasn't held up as well are the bib shorts but it's all external stitching and not the actual pad that's finally failing after about 5 years of use. I have tri shorts still going strong after 9 years. All my tops are totally fine and they are heading into year 6 so easily will get 10 years.

The only problem is I waited too long and missed the "good" 400 mile bib pad and the minimal tri-short pad as I don't personally like the current version but they continue to evolve so I'm wating.

For me I look at lower price stuff and just know it won't last as long so I figure I'll pay like 20% extra knowing it will just last...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have these tops. Are they "worth it"? Well, just about every piece of tri apparel I own came from DeSoto. So, I think so.

"Worth it"......compared to what?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the standard Skin Cooler top and the wings...both are outstanding products. I believe they were critical to my surviving and doing well at Eagleman - a notoriously hot and humid event. I would imagine they're even better in less humid conditions. I tried to get the top you're getting for Eagleman this year, but it wasn't available yet - the wings did the trick in any event. I am a huge fan of DeSoto gear. It is a tad pricier than other stuff, but it's incredibly functional, well made, and gets the job done. Just wish my team went with it!
Quote Reply