Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Direct Mount Rear Brake Suggestions?
Quote | Reply
Looking for suggestions on a decent direct mount rear brake?

Currently have the TRP 851r, and haven't been happy with it's (lack of) stopping power. Was looking into other options, and see the Tektro T741R and ultegra DM rear brakes as potential candidates.

Does anyone have experience with either, or suggestions?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Direct Mount Rear Brake Suggestions? [Ohiocyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had 6800 direct mounts on a bike and thought they performed exactly like the 6800 single posts I have on other bikes. Certainly better than their 105 counterparts, TriRig, stock Shiv brakes, etc. No experience with Dura Ace.

I still have them if you're interested...broke the frame so they are of no use to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Bontrager Speed Stop DM on my Emonda. It was the best rim brake I ever had.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano or TriRig
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a new in the box Shimano Ultegra rear direct mount brake that I bought by accident. Can send pictures. PM email address. Will make a great deal since I just want to get rid of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

After trying a few different brands and models including Dura Ace, I use the Tektro T741R on my Felt FR1, with SRAM levers. It has been a great choice, offering a very solid feel, easy adjustment access, and with its wide range cable adjustment barrel, you don’t have to use an inline QR/AB.

You should also be mindful of the brake levers that you pair the caliper with. Due to different pull ratios, SRAM and Shimano don’t play so well with each other.

Quote Reply