Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Buying a triathlon bike!! [kskristo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kskristo wrote:
Thank you guys for so many good replies. Well, I was advised about the bike by a pro, so he might not have thought about me being a newbie. And now I feel like an idiot. And also, the model I mentioned is the one my friend own and I liked it. I just asked if that's a good one. I thought good triathlon bikes generally cost that much. My bad.
Well I stand corrected and revised my budget. So everyone seem to think 2-3k is a good enough budget for me. Can you suggest bikes that fit in that budget then?
I have been advised about getting a bike fit, but I have also heard people saying no to it. If it's worth it, I don't mind spending ~$200 for it. Is it necessary for me to find a good bike?
I have all the accessories for my hybrid, which I am guessing not good enough for a triathlon. So how much should I spend for all the accessories?
Thanks again.

A good fit is very worthwhile for someone that has never had a tri bike. This info can save you money by reducing trial and error down the line. The downside is finding a good fitter. Some of this info is available here on ST, but if you post your general location and how far you are willing to travel for a fit, I'm sure you will receive good input on options. You can then use the fit info to narrow down bike selection. Look thru ST threads and you will see a lot of questions related to fit and saddle issues. A good bike fitter can start you out with these issues reduced or eliminated. Also keep in mind that the ability to see the fitter again for tweaks or evolution of your fit should be a consideration.
Quote Reply

Prev Next