Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem is that too many people tried to get free beer by putting a dead mouse in a beer bottle and scamming the beer distributor. Then they got caught in a scheme where the brewmaster was using the company to secretly research mind control, using hockey players as guinea pigs.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

She looks kinda trashy ... I've give her some "beer penetration"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of a young Katey Sagal. A little trashy. I like it.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
what they need is a good ol case of Molson.

I stopped drinking that horse piss once I got out of my early 20's. Same for Labatt's.
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Who on here posting about their beer consumption is a millennial?

I am, just barely (age 32 currently).

And I agree with the general sentiment. When I was in college back in 2003-2007 I drank a lot more spirits than beer. Beer was for beer pong or chugging and it was generally pretty shitty. Spirits tasted better and got the job done. Things have changed a lot since then. There are tons of local breweries and there are beer pubs all over the place. There is literally a beer for anyone and everyone now so if anything I would say the beer market has increased quite a bit. It is just the big brands that might be suffering, the small guys are doing well and popping up all over the place, a trend I am A OK with.
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:

My buying outside of my region is St. Arnold's, which is in Houston. :=) Love me some St. Arnold's.

I was at the Easter dinner when Brock (owns St Arnolds) went over the business plan with my dad (who passed!) and Bob (who didn't pass but cashed in really early!).
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FUCK YES!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say that we all resolve to do everything we can to keep the beer industry afloat. Think global, act local.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AMEN!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You, of all people, should know that a penetration drop of 1% is not that BIG of a deal.
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
Nobody but me seemed to like the beergarten tart. I fear it may be discontinued, but I found a brewery down here that makes a Berliner Weiss.

Their summer shandy was a great grilling beer. That ginger/cranberry shandy was good at Christmas- we'd stay at the indoor water park in Geneva and I'd have a few of those.

Like I've always told people: I have two favorite beers:

#1. FREE.

#2. COLD.

All this talk about 'craft beers' makes me think y'all suffer from some form of 'wine envy' or something. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JesseN wrote:
Around here there are so many quality local options that it makes more sense to support those. We don't keep cases or 6 packs in the fridge, but we do pick a local brewery/taproom to hang out at once a week for an easy date night. I prefer to seek out new and interesting beers rather than drink some mass produced something or other.

Same here. There are 18 brewers within the city, 11 of them less than 5 miles from my house. And then another bunch in the metro area. No one drinks Sam Adams here.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
<<Beer penetration fell 1% from 2016 to 2017 in the US market>>

How times have changed. My recollection from college is that penetration percentages improved markedly once beer got involved...

Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

I stopped drinking that horse piss once I got out of my early 20's. Same for Labatt's.

Can I get some Moosehead love up in here...?

(Cue BLeP in 3... 2... 1...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wine envy or taste buds? Chugging swill is a practice of alcohol absorption not beer enjoyment. That is great and all but demanding flavor is not a weakness.
Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

Can I get some Moosehead love up in here...?

I used to love Moosehead! :-)

(Cue BLeP in 3... 2... 1...)

Quote Reply
Re: They're the Scourge of Humanity: Millennials Are Killing the Beer Industry [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Wine envy or taste buds? Chugging swill is a practice of alcohol absorption not beer enjoyment. That is great and all but demanding flavor is not a weakness.

The only thing I'm a connoisseur of is bad taste, my brother from another mother. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in a mid-sized city in the Deep South and we have at least 10 new microbreweries within a 10 mile circle that are packed nearly every evening. Two different brewers even took over a former elementary school and invited a pizza company, food trucks, art galleries and a sushi restaurant to share the space. Add to that, the liquor laws were a bit relaxed in my state and one right next to ours and several new distilleries are just getting their first releases out into the market place, competing with older more well known distilleries like Jack Daniels which has been around since before Prohibition.

The market for alcohol beverages, from beer through wine and distilled liquors is widening; no longer does a consumer need to choose between a few national brands, now he or she can in many cases walk to the local brewer and pick up a growler to take home. When the market allows that, it is fairly clear that a big, less differentiated selection of beers that cater to the masses and take fewer risks (like exotic flavors, additions and other creative license), will experience at least a short term loss of sales. The big breweries know that, and have been buying up small craft breweries whenever possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very old news.

The entire industry has been changing for years. The growth in colored spirits (i.e. bourbon, whiskey, rum, tequila) have been outpacing everything else with beer being the laggard.

Not sure if you noticed but Clooney (and his investors) recently sold their tequila company which started in 2013 for about $1 billion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't know it here in Montana. State just upped the volumes the micro can produce and keep their tap rooms.
And we have a lot of millennial types working the ski and tourist resorts.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply

Prev Next