Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Edge 520 Q
Quote | Reply
I can't figure out how to turn off the lap summary on edge 520. After I hit split for a lap it displays the stats for the previous lap for 10 seconds and I don't want it there at all (or maybe for like 2 seconds, but 10 is way too long).
Anyone know how to do this?

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 Q [bigadam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigadam wrote:
I can't figure out how to turn off the lap summary on edge 520. After I hit split for a lap it displays the stats for the previous lap for 10 seconds and I don't want it there at all (or maybe for like 2 seconds, but 10 is way too long).
Anyone know how to do this?

thanks.

I doubt this is something that can be configured.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the numerous annoying things about the 520... same with the "power too high/low" message blocking out the whole screen for 10-15 seconds also
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 Q [flight<bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flight<bird wrote:
One of the numerous annoying things about the 520... same with the "power too high/low" message blocking out the whole screen for 10-15 seconds also

Man, that sucks. I sometimes do some shorts ints, like 20 sec, and I can't see data for 1/2 of it!

I have ALL alerts turned off and I don't a power too high/too low alert (or any other).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure about this, but doesnt the back-button remove this?

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 Q [flight<bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flight<bird wrote:
same with the "power too high/low" message blocking out the whole screen for 10-15 seconds also

Only made the mistake of programming a power "target" one time. It is a little ridiculous that the target "Too High" or "Too Low" covers the entire screen and you can't see your power to adjust. This is on the 820 as well.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't worked out how to get rid of it entirely, but my solution is generally to hit the up or down button to get rid of it immediately. It doesn't change the page, just gets rid of the alert

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 Q [tomoffat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, nice hack. Thanks.
Quote Reply