Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:
Quote:
what I want to know is who's the hipster d-bag that came up with the term 'staycation'?

Sidebar: Do hipsters know that they are hipsters? Do they feel peer pressure to maintain that beard, thick rimmed glasses, skinny jeans, and drink microbrews?

I don't think so. It's like when people die. They don't know they're dead, and it's only difficult for the ones left around them. Sort of like with stupid people. Or hipsters. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [North] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
went sailing with my son last night

Have you come up with a name for your sailing adventures yet?

P.S - "Mancations" is already taken.

It's called Brailing (sorry, wimsey)

You're dead to me :)
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:

A good portmanteau that is judiciously conceived and sparingly deployed can be great but these fuckers are breeding like rabbits.

Wow... I use a 5 dollar word on occasion, but that's a 20 dollar phrase.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In May two good buddies and I took off to Cuba for a week. It was awesome! My wife and I have our regular vacations to spots like tofino, but, she hates the heat so when it's anywhere tropical I usually go with my friends (the ones who aren't so whipped that they can actually do that stuff).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [TriTJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTJ wrote:
wimsey wrote:

A good portmanteau that is judiciously conceived and sparingly deployed can be great but these fuckers are breeding like rabbits.

If you say so. In a time of 140 character communiques and a tweeter-in-chief whose favorite descriptor is "sad", I guess polysyllabic words count as complex linguistics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
TriTJ wrote:
wimsey wrote:

If you say so. In a time of 140 character communiques and a tweeter-in-chief whose favorite descriptor is "sad", I guess polysyllabic words count as complex linguistics.

Indubitably, my good man.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
TriTJ wrote:
wimsey wrote:

Years ago it would only be a five dollar phrase, but since I confused someone the other day with the word vernacular, the dollar value of your phrase went up.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [TriTJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTJ wrote:
wimsey wrote:
TriTJ wrote:
wimsey wrote:

Years ago it would only be a five dollar phrase, but since I confused someone the other day with the word vernacular, the dollar value of your phrase went up.

Word value inflation. It's all Obama appointee Yellen's fault - sad!
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
wimsey wrote:
TriTJ wrote:
wimsey wrote:

Indubitably, my good man.

Indubitably?

Gesundheit!
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
I am all about going places and doing things but I can only take so much bro-ness before I go insane.
Yeah, at some point the pendulum is going to swing the other way and millenials will start writing about the new found popularity of vaginacations.
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all about balance. I once took an overnight trip to Istanbul. The next day I was looking for a taxi to run me over.
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know someone who has been doing this with his group of friends from college for over 25 years now, they call it Jake Day. It started not long after they graduated and everyone started to settle down and get married. Some guys had also moved to other parts of the country, so as an excuse to get together for a weekend each year, they made up an imaginary friend named Jake. ("Honey, the guys are all going to visit Jake, remember him? He was in so-and-so's wedding, real nice guy. Anyway, he just moved to Chicago and we're going to visit him and catch a Cubs game at Wrigley." They've mixed it up each year, either catching baseball/football games around the country, golf weekends, Vegas etc.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
It's all about balance. I once took an overnight trip to Istanbul. The next day I was looking for a taxi to run me over.

Hey, that's why they call(ed) you Mister Tibbs. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jul 25, 17 15:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tee hee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
North wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
went sailing with my son last night

Have you come up with a name for your sailing adventures yet?

P.S - "Mancations" is already taken.

It's called Brailing (sorry, wimsey)

You're dead to me :)

My wife refuses to get on a sailboat.
It's not called Brailing. My son calls it “now I am Happy”.
I call it , “ any time you are on the water you are having a good day.”
We are just getting tuned up for a week up in Harbor Springs. I told the boys if they didn’t get some sail time in, we weren’t bringing the Lightning.
It is awesome.
This is us messing around on the water..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvQkwykdyes

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Wow, something completely new. I mean, it's not like men have been going on camping, hunting, fishing, golf, etc trips for decades.

Now we know it's real because some douchebag millennial gave it a name.

Exactly! Why does everything need some stupid sounding name?

To me 'road rage' is a perfect example. It never got any news coverage in the past but now it's apparently reached epidemic proportions. It's not just because people are filming on phones, though that helps. Print media also covers it.

Before it had a nice ring to it, it barely got a mention. The JSA's of this world have been getting worked up by the fast lane hogs for decades :) Jk JSA.

I like the concept of giving things like road rage and graffiti really degrading names (like a local suggestion to report graffiti as kiddy scribble). They used to call random one punch attacks on people in public King Hits. Now they are referred to as Coward Punches.
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is us messing around on the water..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvQkwykdyes

Very cool. Nothing beats a day out sailing.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 26, 17 2:35
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's essentially what my friends and I have continued to do, but, with no need to create a fictional friend. We've done Cuba, San Francisco, Barcalona, Italy, England, Seattle, Portland (twice), etc plus a slew of more local trips. It's a great way to stay connected to old friends, and get a vacation in. My wife used to do yearly trips to Mexico with her friends from nursing school. We vacation together as well, but I think for marriage to last it's important not to spend every god damned second next to your partner :).

The general rule with our friends is, if you have to ask your wife for permission to go, you're not invited.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
That's essentially what my friends and I have continued to do, but, with no need to create a fictional friend. We've done Cuba, San Francisco, Barcalona, Italy, England, Seattle, Portland (twice), etc plus a slew of more local trips. It's a great way to stay connected to old friends, and get a vacation in. My wife used to do yearly trips to Mexico with her friends from nursing school. We vacation together as well, but I think for marriage to last it's important not to spend every god damned second next to your partner :).

The general rule with our friends is, if you have to ask your wife for permission to go, you're not invited.
<<<<< right. Hah . ya right. Oh Honey by the way , forget the bathroom redo, I going to fucking Barfalona.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. Now I have to go sailing. Flying Scot, myself; similar size, but built more for comfort. Still a hard sell to get my wife out...
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

My wife is highly successful at getting her chick buddies to all get together from all over the nation once each year. But getting my buddies to do it is almost goddamned impossible. Everyone gets stuck in their family rut and it's impossible to pry them out. I'm secretly a little concerned that my wife picked better buddies.

Re. have to ask wife for permission. Our family calendar for weekends that wife or I might be away is figured out 6-14 months in advance. Other hobby has me away 1 weekend/mo so I'm gone a fair # of weekends. Wife's gone a lot for work, gone more often than I, and we've 3 young boys. Not a way in hell I'd be gone for an over-night without first deconflicting it on the family calendar. I'd be sleeping on the couch for a month. NOTHING makes a house miserable like a pissed off wife.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You clearly aren't trying hard enough if that's the worst that can happen in your house. Back to the drawing board, soldier.

RangerGress wrote:
NOTHING makes a house miserable like a pissed off wife.
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
You clearly aren't trying hard enough if that's the worst that can happen in your house. Back to the drawing board, soldier.

RangerGress wrote:

Lol.

I kinda married "up". Ivy League lawyer chick from a high profile family that, for example, had a member on SCOTUS and a "president" of Texas. I'm gonna beat the odds and hang on to her. My father married 2x and my mother divorced 3x. I'm not doing any of that.

Pics here. http://www.gress.org/ Pics are kinda old. Wedding pic is from 1998. I think.

I don't need to run the house. I finally got over my self-esteem issues in my 30's. At least that's the story I'm sticking to. There's so many pieces of the house and family that she has strong feelings about I can't even keep track. I don't care about any of that stuff, she can run it. I probably don't say "no", but once/quarter.

Subject change.
I just had an omelet for dinner. 10secs ago I put the plate down on the floor very quietly so the 6yr old pitbull could lick the plate unmolested. The puppy heard something from 2 rooms away and immed. came flying in to lick what little there was on the plate. Poor pitbull doesn't get a moment's piece from that puppy.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Last edited by: RangerGress: Jul 26, 17 17:41
Quote Reply
Re: Men Are Ditching Women for Bro-Filled 'Mancations' [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, we all married up. If you have a penis and are married to a person with a vagina, you married up. We're gross creatures. Except for Matt Damon.

And I love the old school web page. I'd almost forgotten what those looked like in the days before pre-formatted templates. Oh, infant internet, I miss the days before trolls and bullies took you over.

RangerGress wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

RangerGress wrote:

Lol, I married "up". I'm gonna beat the odds hang on to her.

Pics here. http://www.gress.org/ Pics are kinda old. Wedding pic is from 1998. I think.
Quote Reply

Prev Next