Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Faster Wound Recovery
Quote | Reply
I had a bit of an accident at a tri just over a week ago. Doing a flying mount (which I have practiced loads) my foot slipped and the shoe jammed on the ground and jolted the bike causing my other foot to go into the back wheel slicing a huge chunk out of my toe.

The wound got infected (predictable as I seem susceptible to skin infections). The Dr has given me antibitoics and told me to keep it covered, but had no other advice.

Anything else I can do to speed recovery? Its day 9 now and still very sore and very open. Not bleeding at all but its a mess. I guess in my toe the circulation is not great, would a warm compress help at all? Trying to recover and return to training asap.

I have already had to pull out of one of my main races and the other I had entered also looks unlikely.
Quote Reply
Re: Faster Wound Recovery [iwaters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is one of those times a medical professional is going to give you the best advice. Depending on the type and exact location of the wound, there are things you can do to help. Maybe a podiatrist is your best bet.
Quote Reply
Re: Faster Wound Recovery [iwaters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clean it once a day with antibacterial soap, pat dry, apply ointment, then bandage/cover. Should heal much quicker.

Good thing Dr. put you on antibiotics.
Quote Reply