Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was -- Australian Queens Scout, as were both my younger brothers -- still consider it a formative experience in my life story.

As for Herr Trump,, he can gunga --------

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Perseus wrote:
j p o wrote:
So no babysitter, no child care worker, no aunt or uncle,no neighbor,no boyfriend for mom, no mom or dad,... unless you are there too?

Because those are all more likely to happen than a scout leader.

If you want to send your kids off into the woods to go camping with Subway Jared go ahead.

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. A great organization. The one place a boy can be a boy.

2 brothers, myself and my older son are Eagles. My younger son should be in the next 2 years as well as his oldest his cousin.

2 younger nephews are also entering Cub Scouts soon.

1 brother and myself are Scout leaders, younger brother will be in the fall.

We waited until January to get a letter from Trump instead of the last president for my older son at his request. Mine is from Bush, younger brother from Bush, older brother from Regan.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
j p o wrote:
Perseus wrote:
j p o wrote:
So no babysitter, no child care worker, no aunt or uncle,no neighbor,no boyfriend for mom, no mom or dad,... unless you are there too?

Because those are all more likely to happen than a scout leader.

If you want to send your kids off into the woods to go camping with Subway Jared go ahead.

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Dude, you have me convinced. I don't doubt it at all.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Boy Scouts apologized for remarks made by the President of the United States.

Let that sink in.

Quote:
The head of the Boy Scouts of America apologized to members of the youth organization on Thursday for the "political rhetoric that was inserted" into its national gathering this week by U.S. President Donald Trump.
"I want to extend my sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree," Michael Surbaugh wrote in an open letter published on the Scouts' website. "That was never our intent."
He said that every U.S. president, who serves as the Scouts' honorary president, has been invited to speak at the national jamborees held every four years since 1937, but that the Scouts were nonetheless "steadfastly" non-partisan.
"We sincerely regret that politics were inserted into the Scouting program," Surbaugh wrote.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Secretly they loved it.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [tgrunnin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They didn't love it in front of the scouts but if it was said in front of an adult audience they would have yelled, "Bully!"
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [tgrunnin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgrunnin wrote:
I was at the National Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill in 1985. Then President Ronald Reagan was to speak. Something came up so First Lady Nancy came and spoke. Followed by a performance by the Beach Boys. Much more enlightening than the babble the Scouts had to endure last night.

I was there as well!! Order of the Arrow Staff. we worked security for the concert. What a rowdy bunch, I got to tell ya.

On the President front, I believe it's tradition for a President to speak at the Jamboree.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
They didn't love it in front of the scouts but if it was said in front of an adult audience they would have yelled, "Bully!"

BSA leadership isn't any more of a monolithic organization than any other group. Some are pro-Trump, some are not, some are very much not.

The fact that they published a public apology says something.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true.
Quote Reply

Prev Next