Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

road to trail running - shoe selection - Kinvera to what?
Quote | Reply
Hi - i have been running successfully for the past 6 years in Saucony Kinvera's on the road and trails and am looking to do a 50 mile race in the next year. The 50 mile race is 90% single track trail with a large elevation gain/loss, roots, mud etc. I am thinking i should move to a trail specific runner for training and the race but would like some advice as to something that would be similar to the Kinvera. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: road to trail running - shoe selection - Kinvera to what? [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not doing nearly your mileage, but I'm super happy with the NB Minimus as a versatile, low drop, minimal trail shoe that still provides a lot of comfort.
Quote Reply
Re: road to trail running - shoe selection - Kinvera to what? [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found the Brooks Pure line pretty close to the Kinvara, I used the Pure Grit shoes for trail running, they worked well for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might consider the Saucony Peregrine 7....very nice/versatile trail shoe and similar to Kinvara 8 in fit and 4mm drop.
Quote Reply