Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman LP kona slots
Quote | Reply
Hi

For anyone that was there , do you know the allocation - interested particularly in the 30-34 and whether it rolled

Thx Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking to see if there were 2 slots in F30-34. A friend was 2nd....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't there but I know 1st in M30-34 won't take the slot and 3rd already has his slot. So it definitely rolled.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both EMJ I believe - awesome thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has already been covered....

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6289170#p6289170

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, she didn't get the spot.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took a picture of the slot allocation but didn't stay for roll-down so am not sure what rolled but I can post it when I get home from work if anyone is interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [JAH294] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, please post. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [Ironmantam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Actually, this might work:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M 30-34 had 2 roll downs, but i believe the 4 and 5 took those spots. If I remember correctly, 40-44 or 45-49 rolled back to 9th. It was very emotional when he realized he was going to Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsosinski wrote:
M 30-34 had 2 roll downs, but i believe the 4 and 5 took those spots. If I remember correctly, 40-44 or 45-49 rolled back to 9th. It was very emotional when he realized he was going to Kona.

Curious how far, if at all, 35-39 rolled down in case anyone knows. (I was 11th place, had some small dreams of KQ going into the race, but they melted away on the last 10mi of the run . . . well, my 1:15 swim didn't help).

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
35-39 did not roll down, the top 3 took their spots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jsosinski wrote:
35-39 did not roll down, the top 3 took their spots.

Cool, thanks. 9:40 for KQ is pretty tough standard!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a pretty fast year this year. I am not going to lie, my performance surprised me a bit, but I will take it! Congrats on the 11th, still a solid race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
jsosinski wrote:

Curious how far, if at all, 35-39 rolled down in case anyone knows. (I was 11th place, had some small dreams of KQ going into the race, but they melted away on the last 10mi of the run . . . well, my 1:15 swim didn't help).

I suggest if you ever finish higher than 20th to go to the slot allocation ceremony!

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
ericlambi wrote:
jsosinski wrote:

I suggest if you ever finish higher than 20th to go to the slot allocation ceremony!

But if you do finish 20th and go, bring some scratch-offs with you, to increase your odds of something good happening there.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman LP kona slots [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Tri Bread wrote:
ericlambi wrote:
jsosinski wrote:

But if you do finish 20th and go, bring some scratch-offs with you, to increase your odds o
f something good happening there.

I'll say this, if someday I was fortunate enough to get a slot just going would be the thrill. Finishing high wouldn't matter to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jsosinski wrote:

It was 40-44. He is a friend of mine and it was so damn cool to watch him get that slot.

I was 12th in M35-39 so didn't really have any chance, but I always go to rolldown anyway because you never know. It paid off for me at Raleigh after all. And it paid off for Rusty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
jsosinski wrote:

You got me by about 6 minutes. I was out of the water 1:02, went through the half way on the bike in 2:34, but then cracked a little climbing back to LP on the second lap and finished the bike in 5:29. I was targeting a 3:20ish run but ended up with 3:33. I, too, was hoping for the KQ but when I got off the bike about 15-20 minutes behind "schedule" I knew it wasn't going to happen.
Quote Reply