Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Navy Carrier boys squat to pee
Quote | Reply
http://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/07/21/no-urinals-on-the-new-navy-aircraft-carrier/

Urinals are gone now they can pee all over the toilet seat
Go Navy
Quote Reply
Re: Navy Carrier boys squat to pee [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
http://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/07/21/no-urinals-on-the-new-navy-aircraft-carrier/

Urinals are gone now they can pee all over the toilet seat
Go Navy

So do the boy Sailors get sent to mast -- after a proper JAGMAN investigation -- for failing to put the seat back down for the girl Sailors, or for splashing all over said seat? ;-)

From what I hear, the first Navy female midshipman is also heading to pre-BUDs (pre-SEAL training and selection) soon. Will wonders never cease, even in Navy special warfare?

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have a urinal at home; just three standard toilets. Yet somehow, some way, I always manage to pee into the bowl, not on the toilet.

Maybe I just have mad pee skills?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Navy Carrier boys squat to pee [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is your house ever underway?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:

Ignorant question of the day: is there really that much sway on a ship that large?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Navy Carrier boys squat to pee [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I never had the experience of having womens on surface war ships when I was serving.Really dont think I would wont too either.
Hell if we really needed to pee we would use the bilge or off the fantail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:

Ignorant question of the day: is there really that much sway on a ship that large?

Sometimes rocking-and-rolling is noticeable on a carrier when in heavy seas, although the ride is definitely better than being on a flat-bottomed gator freighter. There are other reasons why poor aim in the heads might sometimes be the order of the day, however.

Here's a vid of aircraft carrier operations in heavy seas:

Aircraft Carrier in Heavy Seas - YouTube

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes a carrier for the most part is stable.
but for the most part you have 18-21 year old males that are barely house train.
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Jul 24, 17 5:58
Quote Reply
Re: Navy Carrier boys squat to pee [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
From what I hear, the first Navy female midshipman is also heading to pre-BUDs (pre-SEAL training and selection) soon. Will wonders never cease, even in Navy special warfare?

In addition to the female midshipman in SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection there is an enlisted female Special Warfare Combatant Crewman candidate in the training pipeline.

We will see if they make it through these selections. Times are a bit different then when President Obama was scheduled to attend the graduation of the first females to go through Ranger training even before they began to the patrolling package (and by first hand accounts, they both failed it miserably resulting in what would have been fratricide if it was a live fire or real world event or normally failing that section and at a minimum getting recycled to a later class, and yet they passed.)

I hope the Navy's SEAL/SWCC cadre have a greater sense of integrity than those running the Ranger School.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:

I never had the experience of having womens on surface war ships when I was serving.Really dont think I would wont too either.
Hell if we really needed to pee we would use the bilge or off the fantail.

I was in when the Navy put the first female bluejackets on the USS Gompers, so they have several decades experience at this sort of thing now. I think the innovation is that the heads are unisex on this new bird farm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Some will rage against perceived PC-ness and some will say it is progress. I can see both "sides" of an argument for and against no urinals. The most compelling issue to me against this would be the limited amount of space. Regardless of the current population, a counter-point would be the expected gender representation in the future of the Navy (not right now) given the expected lifespan of this platform.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
yes a carrier for the most part is stable.
but for the most part you have 18-21 year old males that are barely house train.

The sailors just need to step closer... since they are squids this applies:

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Navy Carrier boys squat to pee [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Quote:

In addition to the female midshipman in SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection there is an enlisted female Special Warfare Combatant Crewman candidate in the training pipeline.

We will see if they make it through these selections. Times are a bit different then when President Obama was scheduled to attend the graduation of the first females to go through Ranger training even before they began to the patrolling package (and by first hand accounts, they both failed it miserably resulting in what would have been fratricide if it was a live fire or real world event or normally failing that section and at a minimum getting recycled to a later class, and yet they passed.)

I hope the Navy's SEAL/SWCC cadre have a greater sense of integrity than those running the Ranger School.

Yeah, I heard that the female Soldiers (including that Reserve officer with three kids...and how she made it through Ranger school without the Army 'normalizing' standards is a mystery to most) performed very poorly during the patrol package. I think it's safe to say that they won't be winning the annual Best Ranger competition anytime soon.

As far as BUD/S-SEAL and Navy special warfare goes, I don't know. I think that Navy Special Warfare has made it clear that they're not 'normalizing' (or lowering) the physical fitness and BUD/S training standards for women candidates, but you know how that goes once the rubber meets the road. We'll see, I guess.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is being discussed on Face Book in the Goats group.

In summary, urinals have been gone on most new classes of ships for years, and they were removed from Submarines back in the 60's.

Much to do about nothing, in other words.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Navy Carrier boys squat to pee [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
This is being discussed on Face Book in the Goats group.

In summary, urinals have been gone on most new classes of ships for years, and they were removed from Submarines back in the 60's.

Much to do about nothing, in other words.

If memory serves correctly from when I was a Repair Divo back almost 20 years ago, urinals resulted in more maintenance issues than toilets by a considerable amount, especially for ships with salt water flushing.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply